Tail Gate Locks

Txwindmiller

Reaction score
It seems the little bastards are at it again stealing tailgates in Austin Texas area. I worry about mine driving around town, and wondered if any one had a suggestion on a good tailgate lock.
I see there's several different ones out there, just wondered what you'all would buy,would like to install one next week.
Thanks!

HOOV3R

Reaction score
If you don't already have a locking handle, you could always just upgrade. My handle is always locked, and for most people that's too much of a hassle to try to mess with to steal it.

SmokedF747

Reaction score
I have a lock on my handle, the tailgate lock with special key on the roller and a hose clamp around that roller and its in a pia spot to get hose clamp off. yeah it's a little overboard, but the tailgate never comes off the truck, and its a 2013 gate with a shaved handle, and it wasn't cheap, so it's worth it IMO lol

12stroker

Reaction score

That's the one I have it works good.
E1F-D34C6B714A30-1333-00000109B5A066FD_zps4d8f867e.jpg

bad12jr

Reaction score
It works good. I have one as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Tonka350

Reaction score
I've always just used a hose clamp and it's worked really well for me.... I'll have a shaved handle and locking tonneau cover here soon so I'm not SUPER worried about anything more than it....but it held my 08 tailgate on rather well for 3 years before I decided to go to a 99-07 gate.

Chad

Latest posts

Members online