Tail light wiring

theronbt

Reaction score
I just bought another 7.3. It is a 03 cclb. It has a flatbed on it and today all the lights on the rear decided not to work. I looked under the back and it looks like a rat's nest of wires so I am going to start over and do it right. Does anybody know what each color wire does? I don't have a manual and quicker if I knew which was which when I started. Also this truck doesn't have a fuse box under the hood just under the steering wheel. Which fuse works these lights? I am wondering about tail, back up, brake, turn signals, and reverse lights. Thanks in advance.

theronbt

Reaction score
A little more information
I have no lights at all in the back. I have 1 wire that has power all the time. I figure this is for a trailer. No turn signals no lights no brake lights. I thought it was a fuse but I checked them all and they are good. Not sure what else to check

theronbt

Reaction score
Ok so a little more info. I have power at the rear of my truck but I don't have a ground. There is a black with pink tracer that is a ground coming from the front of the truck that is unhooked at the back. Where should this wire hook to? All lights have 3 wires coming from them going into truck harness.how should these be hooked up? Tail,brake,turn? Or is 1 of them the ground? Sorry not too smart at wiring
Thanks again

Latest posts

Members online