Tesla Style stereo for '16 F350

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Saw this on All Out Industries website a couple months ago and pre-ordered it.

Came in Saturday and I found some time to install it on Sunday.

I had a Sync3 unit in the truck and this is far superior. Still a few quirks to work out, but it's really powerful and works well.

I LIKE it!!

Tesla Style Radio.jpg

Shaggy

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Saw this on All Out Industries website a couple months ago and pre-ordered it.

Came in Saturday and I found some time to install it on Sunday.

I had a Sync3 unit in the truck and this is far superior. Still a few quirks to work out, but it's really powerful and works well.

I LIKE it!!

View attachment 116214

Nice! Any pics of the install?

TrickTruck

Reaction score
It came with no instructions. So the detail about taking the APIM off the Sync2 unit and bolting it to the back of the T-Style had me scratching my head for a while. That and I'd upgraded to a Sync3 a year or so ago and managed to misplace the Sync2 unit in my shop cost me a lot of time.

With a set of instructions this install should take no more than an hour and probably less. 30-45min if you know how it goes together.

I did a vid of the install, but due to the above problems, I kinda messed up the order of operations. meh

Shaggy

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It came with no instructions. So the detail about taking the APIM off the Sync2 unit and bolting it to the back of the T-Style had me scratching my head for a while. That and I'd upgraded to a Sync3 a year or so ago and managed to misplace the Sync2 unit in my shop cost me a lot of time.

With a set of instructions this install should take no more than an hour and probably less. 30-45min if you know how it goes together.

I did a vid of the install, but due to the above problems, I kinda messed up the order of operations. meh

Cool video. So everything worked without an issue? No major hicups?

TrickTruck

Reaction score
It's definitely not the same one. That looks nice tho. Price is way better. It'll be interesting to see if they come out with fitment for the hump dash on the 13-16.

I like android so having it native just works better for me.

joebuck

Reaction score
IDK after doing some research and reading/watching some reviews I think I will save my $ from buying the Phoenixautomotive screen, seems to have a lot of glitches and there customer service is garbage at best is how I perceived it. And the 08-12 screens are a brand new design that there pre-ordering so who knows what bugs will need to be worked out ……..

TrickTruck

Reaction score
These guys are all importing this shoit from China. None of them are the mfgr or code writers. The one I got was on Alibaba too.

Welcome to the world where we don't make anything in the USA anymore. Don't worry, Chyna Joe is going to fix everything ;)

marathon421

Reaction score
TeslaIn.jpg

Got mine for a 2014 F350 XLT upgraded from the oem AM/FM single CD. Still learning the features but very impressive. Never used the other oem sync versions so I don't know if it's better. What makes it different is that you can download and run the apps you want from google play. It runs on Android 9.0 os. It also does wireless apple CarPlay. It's not a Phoenix, it's Aucar. But I would agree they're all chinese knockoffs coming off the same assembly line with different websites.

Shaggy

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
View attachment 116226
Got mine for a 2014 F350 XLT upgraded from the oem AM/FM single CD. Still learning the features but very impressive. Never used the other oem sync versions so I don't know if it's better. What makes it different is that you can download and run the apps you want from google play. It runs on Android 9.0 os. It also does wireless apple CarPlay. It's not a Phoenix, it's Aucar. But I would agree they're all chinese knockoffs coming off the same assembly line with different websites.

So does it have its on data or do you need to tie into your phones data to download and watch things on it?

marathon421

Reaction score
The model I have needs either your phones hotspot and data (and then you can't connect to Apple CarPlay) this weird bluetooth/wifi conflict. But you use navigation and the radio's android apps and can even stream netflix. Haven't tried any other android apps, I'm mostly an iPhone user.

joebuck

Reaction score
The model I have needs either your phones hotspot and data (and then you can't connect to Apple CarPlay) this weird bluetooth/wifi conflict. But you use navigation and the radio's android apps and can even stream netflix. Haven't tried any other android apps, I'm mostly an iPhone user.
Which model did you buy? On there website it doesn’t look like they offer any for the “superduty’s” only f-150’s

marathon421

Reaction score
I went through https://alloutind.com There's a guy in one of the facebook groups that owns the business. Had to preorder in Jan. Received it in late Feb. I'm sure he orders from Aucar but he knows exactly what to order and helps answer a few questions.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I really like this thing. We did 600mi last week w/ the RV and we used the PX6 exclusively for navigation and music. Love the voice entry (sync3 drove me nutz). We got back and went to dinner in Wifey's Expy and it was shocking how bad sync3 is in comparison.

It does not have it's own data connection. This has advantages and disadvantages. The Phoenix one is advertised with a 4G modem, but I have no idea if that's AT&T, Sprint, Vzw, or what. Also the discontinuation of 3G brings up the specter of what happens when they discontinue 4G in the future, is your stereo unusable then? Also, Phoenix has no pics or info for an install w/ the hump dash. When I emailed them they didn't even know what I was talking about. Even with a picture...idk if they actually have a product for the '13-'16 dash. I'm not sure they know.

I was not crazy about using phone hotspot. My phone either kills the battery when hotspot is on or is auto hotspot off. So every time I get in the truck I have to pull out my phone, enable hotspot and wait a min or so for it to connect.

When I got home I dug my old usb 4G modem out of a bag and hooked it up. I like this method a lot better as it auto connects when I fire up the truck. If the truck has been off for a while the modem will have to boot up, but that's pretty quick too. I contacted Vzw this morning and got the skinny on the latest 5G hotspot modems. I don't seem to need it though as I can stream movies via 4G, listen to music, surf the web, so, for now, I'm pretty set on my connection.

PX6 has a few bugs, but nothing that's stopping the show. There's about a hundred settings in the install set that I got into and did some tweaking.

Also there's a guy in Russia that writes some custom firmware for it. Due to FJB's criminal violations of laws he can't accept payments now, but when that's resolved I'll probably buy his firmware.

Longer I have it, more I tweak it, more I like it.

joebuck

Reaction score
Nice, keep us posted as you get it more dialed in this might be a future upgrade for me.

mathygreen

Reaction score
It does not have it is own data connection.This has advantages and disadvantages.
The Phoenix one is advertised with a 4G modem but I have no idea if that's AT&T, Sprint, Vzw, or what. Also the discontinuation of 3G brings up the specter of what happens when they discontinue 4G in the future, is your stereo unusable then? Also, Phoenix has no pics or info for an install w/ the hump dash.

When I emailed them they didn't even know what I was talking about. Even with a picture...idk if they actually have a product for the '13-'16 dash. I'm not sure they know.

I was not crazy about using phone hotspot.My phone either kills the battery when hotspot is on or is auto hotspot off.

So every time I get in the truck I have to pull out my phone, enable hotspot and wait a min or so for it to connect.

When I got home I dug my old usb 4G modem out of a bag and hooked it up.I like this method a lot better as it auto connects when I fire up the truck.

If the truck has been off for a while the modem will have to boot up, but that's pretty quick too. I contacted Vzw this morning and got the skinny on the latest 5G hotspot modems. I don't seem to need it though as I can stream movies via 4G listen to music, surf the web, so, for now I'm pretty set on my connection.

Reliable Permit Solutions, LLC

A_wilk

Reaction score
Does the screen have controls for the ac/heated seats as well? I have a 16 f250 king ranch and this is the first one I’ve read decent reviews on. Looking at the aucar website it doesn’t say anything in the description about the seat controls.

Latest posts

Members online