Test port

6speedsd

Reaction score
What size fitting do I need to use the fuel pressure test port on the filter housing? I have a gauge at home but need to get the fitting and some hose.

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
I have one at the shop. I'll check tomorrow, or I thinks its like $6 bucks for it if you want it.
sent from the shop making things fly.....

6speedsd

Reaction score
Yea, I should have googled before I posted. Found out about the adapter that apparently everyone sells! I'm not putting a gauge in the truck yet. I just want to hook up a gauge to test pressure on my dads truck. Trying to diagnose an issue.

Mods can delete this post if they want.

6speedsd

Reaction score
This may be a stupid question, but can't I get the adapter, some fittings, a length of hose and a regular mechanical pressure gauge and use that to test FP? Or do I need to get a hose made with ends crimped on? 50ish psi isn't a ton of pressure, but I'd hate for the hose to blow off the fittings once pressure builds. Not looking for anything permanent. Just one I can hook up and check pressure, KOEO, see if pressure drops after key is off, etc.

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
This may be a stupid question, but can't I get the adapter, some fittings, a length of hose and a regular mechanical pressure gauge and use that to test FP? Or do I need to get a hose made with ends crimped on? 50ish psi isn't a ton of pressure, but I'd hate for the hose to blow off the fittings once pressure builds. Not looking for anything permanent. Just one I can hook up and check pressure, KOEO, see if pressure drops after key is off, etc.

That would work just fine. I've done them on a permanent mount with regular push lock without issue. You would be fine.

sent from the shop making things fly.....

6speedsd

Reaction score
Good deal. That's what I was hoping. I have a 100psi mechanical gauge and some barbed 1/8 fittings already. Just need to order that adapter and get some hose.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Do I need to drain the filter housing before I pull the test plug? Wasn't sure if there was some sort of valve in there that would keep the fuel from running everywhere or not.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Ordered the fitting from Glowshift after hours Wednesday. Was in my mailbox today. 2 day shipping, USPS, New Jersey to Mississippi. Now that's how shipping should be! If it had been shipped UPS or FedEx I wouldn't have gotten it before Tuesday next week!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.