Think I found some traction

blk350on20s

Reaction score
36x17x16 casings. Paddles will be around 37 or 38" mounted. Should be a good dune summer

Attachments

• paddle.jpg
    paddle.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 409
  • Paddle 2.jpg
    Paddle 2.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 356

NotStock

Reaction score
Your tranny/rearend is gonna love you! Those will stay pretty flat when aired up which will help clear your body. Good find!

NotStock

Reaction score
You may want to put on some mud flaps. Something that will come loose if you back over it without damaging anything but protect your body from roost.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Haha thanks
Yep. 16x16 custom with 2" bs. Pretty sure all i can fit is 2" bs. I want more but i think it will be to close to the brakes. Havent measured properly yet.

Ya im welding the tubes to the housing this weekend. Im gonna run the 3m clear body stuff. I hate stickers and mud flaps lol

NotStock

Reaction score
Ya im welding the tubes to the housing this weekend. Im gonna run the 3m clear body stuff. I hate stickers and mud flaps lol

You prob already know this but keep it as cool as possible when you weld, switch back and forth and dont get it too hot. You really dont want to warp anything!

I feel ya on the mud flaps, I hate them too. With the cup on those paddles, its gonna throw HUGE roost!

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
You prob already know this but keep it as cool as possible when you weld, switch back and forth and dont get it too hot. You really dont want to warp anything!

I feel ya on the mud flaps, I hate them too. With the cup on those paddles, its gonna throw HUGE roost!

Any special way to do this?? I'm fixin to do it myself.. Do you need to pull everything?

I'm extremely interested to see the tires mounted, I've been working on a custom rim setup for a while, I really want to see how this turns out.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
I really dont see the difference between these and a boosted launch? These will be spinning hopefully

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
I really dont see the difference between these and a boosted launch? These will be spinning hopefully

I'm just saying that so you think about it.....

...those tire are a butt load of traction.....too much traction and things start to break....

Even boosted launches tires spin a tiny bit, and even boosted launches have broken axle shafts.

You may never have an issue....just be leary of it.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
boosted launches arent really the problem, plenty of hard hooking passes with no broken shafts

The broken shafts come from hopping and the loss, then regain of traction... i could see some broken parts, i would carry a spare set of shafts, but thats something i generally do anyway.

Charles

Reaction score
I've wanted a set of those for a long time.

We have a little semi-annual get-together in a nice, flat pasture where traction is king. On those I'd be 100+ coming out the back of the field.

As long as you have the axle well under control with anti-wrap links, I'd say you should be fine. Don't go full power over gaps or whoops. Lift then get back in it.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Ya. I can see that. Id like to carry a spare intermediate as well. Where can i find some spare shafts and whats the cost? Junkyard? Any year truck axles specific? Anybody have a spare or leftover intermediate?

Latest posts

Members online