Thinking about buying a 6.0

superdutyman97

Reaction score
ive started lookin at newer trucks and i would love to go out and find a 6.4 but the prices are still a little high for me. ive found several really nice 6.0 trucks and the price is still around 30k but a 6.4 with around 40,000 miles is nearly 10k more for an 09 job2 truck. what would be my best option bc tax time is comin quick and ive gotta beat my wife to buying a new vehicle

6.0Dually

Reaction score
I wouldn't pay 30k for a 6.0, I've seen King Ranch duallies with 40,000 miles go for 34k or so. Be patient and don't jump on the first deal you come across.

superdutyman97

Reaction score
Ive been looking for several months and over the weekend my dad mentioned wanting to get rid of his 6.0 and downsize to a smaller truck. Its a 2007 cclb dually with just a hair under 40k on the odometer and a few bolt ons. He bought it brand new and i know every bit of the history of the truck. As of right now im looking at right around 31k for the truck and its got every option except moonroof. I know it may be little high on the price but Im just wondering if it may be a better idea to continue my search

MINK

Reaction score
6.0s are fine......but 31k for one is alittle much - on that note you know everything about the truck so if it's a good fit then so be it.

yeehaw

Reaction score
i paid 16,700 for my 06 last year, granted it had 129k but it was the nicest one i looked at!

around wisconsin you can find good 6.0s with 100k on them for about 20k

BUT like any used vehicle, pay attention to what you are buying

youngstroker

Reaction score
"BUT like any used vehicle, pay attention to what you are buying" couldn't be said enough, you could find a 09 6.4l that seems like a screamin deal with only 30k miles on it, and give you nothing but greif, cause the person before just beat the crap out it, and changed the oil once. if you can find a truck that you know the maintance and how the person drives, thats what sells me used cars. i'm waiting for my brother to trade up and get his, i told him i'll give him $1,000 over trade in, i don't care whats wrong with it, i know how the truck was treated how it was maintained, and that is worth more than a shinny pait job.

superdutyman97

Reaction score
That was my only justification in giving that much for an 07 with 40k miles. He bought it brand new and any issues have been minimal. The truck has has been treated very well and he keeps it immaculately clean. It has only seen salty roads maybe 3 times and the old man doesnt even like to drive it in the rain

DZL JIM

Reaction score
I just got a 72k mile '05, I skipped right past the Super Duty 7.3 trucks, having driven the OBS 7.3 for 15 years.
This truck is niiiiiiice.....
Huge step up to a vehicle actually built in this century. 8 years newer and 100k fewer miles than my current/old daily driver.

I have no fear of the 6.0.
There's enough help on the forums these days to fix dang near anything.

As for pricing, I sure didn't jump on the first one I found. Although I did jump on this one when it came up. If you look long enough you will know there's a scale of sorts of year truck vs mileage vs price. I grabbed what I felt was the best of all 3.
It sure would help to know the truck's full history, you just need to decide if the price is worth that knowledge.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.