Thinking of getting a 6.7 and was wondering ??

twisted stroke

Reaction score
I been thinking about getting a brand new truck and was wondering what is the highest horsepower 6.7 out there today . I have two 6.4 now and a 6.0 and was looking for a new toy thank u for your info !!!

01PSD

Reaction score
Ummm.... couldn't give you an honest answer. No real track times to back anything up. I know SPE's shop truck has some sneaky stuff on it but it's under wraps right now. Matt Doyle's truck is just well... idk why it isn't making power. I'd say 700-800 is where the highest is right now. Besides H&S spraying the $hit out of their's for almost 900 HP

twisted stroke

Reaction score
So does that mean as more stuff started to be tested and release u think 6.7 will put down more horsepower then the 6.4 do ??

01PSD

Reaction score
Theoretically... I don't see why not. For the same amount of money? Doubtful... but only time will tell.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
So does that mean as more stuff started to be tested and release u think 6.7 will put down more horsepower then the 6.4 do ??

It will most likely take more money since the weak rods.
Tuned and deleted most guys are seeing 470-510 rwhp
I know H&S shop truck on 40's with a dual fueler and single non vgt was making a tad over 600 to the tires with a stock bottom end.

twisted stroke

Reaction score
It will most likely take more money since the weak rods.
Tuned and deleted most guys are seeing 470-510 rwhp
I know H&S shop truck on 40's with a dual fueler and single non vgt was making a tad over 600 to the tires with a stock bottom end.

Yeah that's what I was wondering how the bottom ends r holding up I have the itch for a 6.7!! So what kind of fuel mileage are they getting deleted and tuned ?

SPE

Reaction score
Ummm.... couldn't give you an honest answer. No real track times to back anything up. I know SPE's shop truck has some sneaky stuff on it but it's under wraps right now. Matt Doyle's truck is just well... idk why it isn't making power. I'd say 700-800 is where the highest is right now. Besides H&S spraying the $hit out of their's for almost 900 HP

Sneaky stuff over here for sure. :thumbup:

Reaction score
I think that there is more potential with the 6.7 as stuff progresses. They have a better flowing head which is what is holding most 6.4's back. The 6.7 block is stout enough. Is it stronger that a bed plate style like a 6.4? Idk. The rods are a big downfall, but a lot if other diesels have bottom end limitations @ 600hp. I think the biggest downfall is the cp4 and its lack of fuel. Once all the companies get done and release the fuelers, there will be a lot more high hp 6.7's out there.

Latest posts

Members online