Those that have done 08-10 conversion ??

campbellflage

Reaction score
So did the conversion to the best that I can, and it now is at the body shop for paint and fixing the gaps. Couple questions:
Truck is a 2000 f350

1. Did you have trouble getting the front of the fenders to line up with the hood? Especially on the drivers side, even cutting the back of the headlight and trimming the metal crash bar, looks like the headlight is still gonna be off.
2. Did you use the 08+ wiper assembly or stuck with whatever year you have?
3. Did you get the hood shocks to work? I feel like my air filter is gonna be in the way.

I have had more problems with this conversion, and now that I have dropped it off for paint and body work it just keeps getting worse. The street scene wiper cowl is short on the drivers side by an inch and the antenna mount doesn't line up so it has to be modded. And I am worried about them getting the fenders lined up properly. I hope its not due to them being aftermarket fenders.

Any help or info would be great, thanks

campbellflage

Reaction score
Here is some progress pictures, you can kind of get an idea of the gaps on the fenders, its like 3/4 inch on the drivers little less on the passengers side.

Attachments

• truck sand.jpg
    truck sand.jpg
    522.5 KB · Views: 85
  • CAM00129.jpg
    CAM00129.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 81
  • CAM00139.jpg
    CAM00139.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 80

co04cobra

Reaction score
You will always have much more alignment issues with aftermarket parts.

Pics of how and what you modified would help.

campbellflage

Reaction score
You will always have much more alignment issues with aftermarket parts.

Pics of how and what you modified would help.

Ill get more up close shots on Monday, the shop is closed right now. I just found OEM fenders locally so I am going to see if this fixes my alignment issues.

Latest posts

Members online