Time for batteries

PABowhunter

Reaction score
Looks like it's times for batteries. Truck has had napa legend 75's in it with 880 cca since I bought it.

Should I stick with the same? Any other recommendations?

RickyB

Reaction score
I got a pair of the best & biggest ones that Auto Zone has & have been happy with them. Others have told me the same.

Reaction score
Interesting, the ones (napa's) I replaced a year ago were six years old when one of the pair finally took a dump, I just went ahead and replaced both

I think it had something to do with the junk alternators I was running. My batteries are about 2 years old right now and feel weak. I think I'm gonna replace them so I don't ruin my new alternator.

V-Ref

Reaction score
PM Tarm....he's done a TON of research on this subject. Hopefully he'll post up. He's got a couple super informative posts on this that I can't dig up from my phone.

PABowhunter

Reaction score
PM Tarm....he's done a TON of research on this subject. Hopefully he'll post up. He's got a couple super informative posts on this that I can't dig up from my phone.

I'll have to check that out thanks.

According to the sticker on the batteries they're just over 5 years old.

TurboM700

Reaction score
Here you go, after getting the diehard pla. installed it turned out one was bad from the get go. Returned both of them and bought two from NAPA

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53780

The thing I learned along time ago about battries is the warranty doesnt mean **** when your stranded at the cabin and HAVE to buy new battries too get you homw, and for me there is a ton of NAPA around me so warranty would be easier.

cbf9703

Reaction score
Here you go, after getting the diehard pla. installed it turned out one was bad from the get go. Returned both of them and bought two from NAPA

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53780

The thing I learned along time ago about battries is the warranty doesnt mean **** when your stranded at the cabin and HAVE to buy new battries too get you homw, and for me there is a ton of NAPA around me so warranty would be easier.

Agreed, except NAPA has the worst hours, so I'd still be stranded trying to warranty batteries... Especially on the weekend.

TurboM700

Reaction score
Agreed, except NAPA has the worst hours, so I'd still be stranded trying to warranty batteries... Especially on the weekend.

I guess that not any worse then the other box stores. My only other option was wallmart and I hate that place

like 200 a piece for platniums
Correct

I still wish I could get a red top that would last. I have red tops in my 7.3 that sits at the cabin that are 7yrs old. Will sit for months on end and still starts just fine. Infact last winter when it was -10 out my car wouldnt start so I went to go fire the tractor up to pull start the car, tractor wouldnt start, went to the truck and she fired up. After sitting for 2 months.

Latest posts

Members online