Tires...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
The main reason I am thinking this is Toyo MT's are up to 417 each now...

I can pick up these wheels for $200, the tires for $400 and be in the whole set up for less then the cost of two new tires. If they dont work out, they can sit at home, I can use them on Chelseas Excursion for summer tires or resell them.

I have been told they wear like iron, maybe this is not true? Keep in mind these are not the old bias ply ones, these are a raidal...

Rodslinger

Reaction score
Buddy got a set for his jeep about 6 months ago . Hard compound. Extremely hard. About as much noise as a old Baja T/A. The price is crazy cheap on them. He got his for 125 a tire and that's with the PVC run flat. Ill check with him and see how they are holding up.

03lariat7.3

Reaction score
Bought a set of stock 265/75/16's for my truck. Cooper ST MAXX. 10 ply. Always had good luck with coopers. Had STT's and got 65k out of them with 1 flat tire. Love'em and sticken with em!

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
My 67 highboy just found its first set of meats

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

GreenF350

Reaction score
They are just the "old" Goodyear MT's, they went away for the most part after they came out with the MT/R's. My experience with them (Had a few friends that ran them back in the day) was that they are similar to any other "road worthy" MT tires (BFG, Toyo, etc) in noise and wear similar too. In full tread they probably get better off road traction than Toyo's depending on the type of terrain. Not sure about the 37's, but the 35's had pretty flimsy sidewalls, but should still be fine for an empty truck. That price IS hard to beat and I have a set of 16.5 rims sitting on my back porch. Hmm.....
-Aaron

kadeninabnitt

Reaction score
i had a set on my truck for a while they were great on the road terrible offroad and really werent loud i could barely here them crusing down the road

phooker

Reaction score
Yea, they are humvee tires, they are quiet on the road, can't say how they do towing though. Off road, better have some momentum.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Well... Someone didnt know what kind of wheels he had... They were OBS 8 lug...

Damn...

Layson

Reaction score
I have some 16.5 weld typhoons for the superduty... I had to buy all (4) so I could get one wheel for my spare tire. If I could find (1) wheel I could pass them over to you...

Latest posts

Members online