to solder or not to solder???

oneturboforme

Reaction score
How are you guys solder if you thibk it will change reaiatance, I cant see it changing any I mean I guess if theres a gap that you solder but still Wth is a crimp doing? Umm so a foot of 22ga wire is around .016ohms... That's an entire foot, now normal 95% tin 5% flux core wire is about 16% conductive when compared to copper, still only looking at 256m ohms or .256ohms in an entire foot of it..... So in a 16th of a inch which still is one crappy solder job it has a resistance of .001 ohms in all actuality the crimped connection would probably have more resistance for we are human and don't use the exact size that's need and sometimes they don't make them, take the time a solder them its cheaper just time consuming

Zmann

Reaction score
I have seen plenty crimped connections fail it's easy to not locate the wire properly and unknowingly not get a good crimp ,corrosion can also be a factor

solder is either going to flow or not and seals the wires from internal corrosion at the same time

but it's a bit more time consuming

DEI the maker of most Alarms states to solder connections right in the install manual

but almost no installer do

Atsah

Reaction score
This is pretty simple guys.. There is no better way to connect two wires together than a properly soldered connection.. If you know how to solder, it's the thing to do.. Crimps are like bolting something that should be welded.. If you guys have looked at as many crimps/soldered connections under a microscope as I have you would agree..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online