Torq2 or mp8?

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Wouldnt mind getting a little extra ponies out of my stock single cab 6.7 and I do not want to delete the DPF..i want a tuner that cant be detected by dealer but is safe and may up mpgs 1-2...as i am not going to be screwing around purposely trying to blow anything up! That H&S test that proved the 6.7 is well capable above 800hp got me thinking a little bit harder about all this and Im starting to feel a lot better about the scorpion..

Another thing is I have changed plans to go with a BDS or zone 4" lift (w/radius arms to be safe)and 35's when these 33s are gone. if i do go with a tuner above would i risk damaging anything on my single cab? Traction bars are something ive thought about adding with the lift also.

As of now(correct me if im wrong) I only know the torq2 and mp8 are the only undetectable and adjustable ones...which one would be best? Not really worried on price just want to be safe

Any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks again

BlueOx

Reaction score
Been wondering the same thing myself.

Also I have a 4in Zone radius arm kit on my truck now. Good quality kit and a good price! The u bolts are stout!!

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
nice!!! That kit is actually pretty well priced online. I wonder if SAK can get those lifts? I plan on doing lots of offroading and driving up VERY rocky roads at new hill country land, so if this lift is just as good i may have to consider!!

I wonder if those tuners above actually mess with the rpm limit at all? They claim it doesnt mess with torque management but im so new to all of this n just trying to get whats best

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Basically all they do is ramp up the rail pressure. They don't change anything in the pcm that will increase rpm or anything like that. I would say both prob add similar power.

Only reviews I have seen is for the torque 2

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
I noticed last night you can get the mp8 with a HUD and a adjustable little 2" display! may have to do that since the torq doesnt have an option like that

Cratos

Reaction score
I have a torq 2 .1 that i never installed for 300.00 i found i have all the twoing power I need as is :) so I'm leaving this one stock powerwise.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
DAMNIT! You suck blue OX LOL jk

I was waay to busy at work yesterday or else I probably would have bought it!
But hey Let me know how it works when you get it and how you like it!:ford:

BlueOx

Reaction score
DAMNIT! You suck blue OX LOL jk

I was waay to busy at work yesterday or else I probably would have bought it!
But hey Let me know how it works when you get it and how you like it!:ford:

Lol sry bub! This is one of those rare times I kinda lucked out lol but I'll for sure let you know how it works.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
No prob amigo! Do u have an intake on your truck btw?? im goin with same lift more than likely and wanna know ur mpgs!

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
No prob amigo! Do u have an intake on your truck btw?? im goin with same lift more than likely and wanna know ur mpgs!

stock intake here with a 4" exhaust and a mini max with 4.5' lift pm 35s and I am getting 20+ on the highway and 17+ intown

but that all depends on if im in my nascar zone or not that day, if i am then i gets about 15 all day no matter where i am

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
nice!!! That kit is actually pretty well priced online. I wonder if SAK can get those lifts? I plan on doing lots of offroading and driving up VERY rocky roads at new hill country land, so if this lift is just as good i may have to consider!!

I wonder if those tuners above actually mess with the rpm limit at all? They claim it doesnt mess with torque management but im so new to all of this n just trying to get whats best

sak can get you the lift, but fair warning he will try to talk you into a icon kit. Hands down it really is the best on the market and can be reasonably had as long as you dont go crazy with it like i did

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Do u have pics of ur lift on ur truck?? Send or show some if ya can. Just for me to get an idea..

Anyone know if the torq or mp8 effects the regen cycles or clog the dpf faster?

Last edited:

BlueOx

Reaction score
Do u have pics of ur lift on ur truck?? Send or show some if ya can. Just for me to get an idea..

Anyone know if the torq or mp8 effects the regen cycles or clog the dpf faster?

Are you asking me? If so yea I can defiantly post pics man

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.