Towing with QSSB Turbo....Pleased Overall

Doakster

Reaction score
This weekend was the first time in awhile I had driven my truck. I ending up towing most of the weekend. This was the first time since I installed my QSSB turbo set up from WOP that I was able to test out how it handled any type of heavy load.

I tipped the truck scales at 20K gross weight, with my truck and gooseneck loaded.

Over all the QSSB did an excellent job, I COULD NOT get the turbo to surge at all no matter how much I had my foot in it.

Also the EGTs we're fairly in check, most of the time the EGTs were living between 750-1200 degrees. There were a few times when I had to back out of it or just mat the peddle to have the trans down shift and get the boost up so I could make a steep grade and lower the EGTs. But overall the turbo never hit over 1250. I probably could have tipped that mark a few times if I hadn't backed out.

All the towing was done in my 40T or 60T tunes, which I have yet to get reburned to match the turbo.

I think running a bigger intercooler with this turbo would be a great addition to a great turbo.

Definitely pleased so far.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
I love my GQSSB whilte towing, it did great on my truck too. EGTs seemed to be about the same with my hybrids as u described.

Doakster

Reaction score
Nice report, your truck has stock injectors correct?

Yes stock injectors, do not plan on spending the money to upgrade beyond stock injectors.

It seemed to be a good combination, although I'm sure it would be even better with a good set of bigger injectors.

Doakster

Reaction score
I think with a bit larger injector you would see less EGT issues...

Yeah I would probably agree with that, although at this point I don't want to spend the $ for injectors, or push my motor beyond that point.

I would like to see what the EGTs do with tuning to match the turbo. I think that would make a difference as well.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Seems warm for stock sticks.....maybe the trans tuning could be refined to keep you in a more usable RPM range.

TARM

Reaction score
He still needs to get his tuning adjusted. I think that may make a effective change in the EGTs. IMO, if you need more a Cooling Mist Water Inj would likely be the best addition to a new IC although it would help as well but at a much higher cost to benefit ratio

Latest posts

Members online