Tranny issue

DARTH_VATO

Reaction score
Driving to moab right now and the trans is fine while pullin through hills and down hill obviously but in the flat land of Utah it's up to above 210. And slowly goes up from there. I'm roughly at 2k rpm on flatland with the chip on tow mode. Switched to stock mode and its ok just not the power I want.
Tried performance mode and it goes above 2500 rpm. I'm riding around 65mph to 70mph when he trans gets that hot pulled over twice already in Utah.
Any advice?!?

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
You pull off at 210°F? It's going to take you a long time to get there. You can run 220°F all day long with no problem. You can go to 250°F for no more than 1/2 hour at a time, too.

I suspect your cooler is partially plugged, either the oil side or the air side, or the tow tune is unlocking the torque converter making it run hotter.

4tonGT40

Reaction score
Driving to moab right now and the trans is fine while pullin through hills and down hill obviously but in the flat land of Utah it's up to above 210. And slowly goes up from there. I'm roughly at 2k rpm on flatland with the chip on tow mode. Switched to stock mode and its ok just not the power I want.
Tried performance mode and it goes above 2500 rpm. I'm riding around 65mph to 70mph when he trans gets that hot pulled over twice already in Utah.
Any advice?!?
put a mag-hytec pan on that mother....dropped my tranny temp a sh*t load. And flush/replace cooler and you should be golden.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
put a mag-hytec pan on that mother....dropped my tranny temp a sh*t load. And flush/replace cooler and you should be golden.

All the mag did was add more fluid...now it just takes longer to heat up and inversely longer to cool down

Tom S

Reaction score
Listen to what Mark says. I also think your cooler is partially plugged a TruCool mounted behind the bumper would be a good improvement and leave room for an intercooler later.

Latest posts

Members online