Trans temp sensor

Denver

Reaction score
How tight are you guys making the trans temp sensor on the 4R100s? The plug was tight when I loosened it but as I'm tightening the sensor it isn't tightening right away and almost feels like its going to strip the threads. I'm worried about stripping the threads or it coming loose and pissing.

caladash

Reaction score
I think some of the castings were different for the 4R100. Some where deeper than others where the tranny temp sender goes. Use a toothpick to see how deep you have to go and use washers or something to make sure you don't bottom the next one out.

Denver

Reaction score
Got the thing out. It was just sitting in the port. Used a 1/4"-20 tap and wiggled it outta there. The reason I didn't know how tight to make it was because it wasn't really getting tight and I was worried about it backing out and spitting all the fluid. I think next time i'll use RTV or lock tight and go snug. Nerve racking since it just got rebuilt 2K miles ago.

Homesteader

Reaction score
Just use liquid Teflon , and sug down. You could also use Teflon tape if it doesn't seem to be getting snug. Good luck and easy on the tightening!

Tom S

Reaction score
I seem to recall there being issues with a certain sender not working out as there was not enough room for it in the pressure port and causing them to snap off or jamb.

Denver

Reaction score
It was a Danin Pricol sensor. Before it broke it was longer than the test port plug.

Latest posts

Members online