Transmission issue and codes

Nic

Reaction score
A buddy of mine came over with his 2006 CCSB with codes P0766 and P0700 - Truck is tuned by innovative extreme street and otherwise stock. It shudders in reverse and doesnt really move. While accelerating forward it has PLENTY of power and hooks great, but once 3rd gear hits, tow/haul and engine light flashes. Now from the reasearch ive already done, the P0700 is the tripped light for the tow/haul and check engine for the code P0766 which was something about a solenoid locked off. Also, I read either the solenoid and filters can be changed and MAYBE it will correct the problem, and if not, the clutches are toast and an overhaul is needed.

Now, were going to start with the shift solenoid and Ive tried to hunt down the location for this as well as searched for it online and cant find it. Location? Internal? Any information on this would be appreciated. :ford:

STROKEDOUT

Reaction score
I did the EPC solenoid swap. Got rid of shift 3-5 shift flare and tranny has firmer 3-5 shifts. Good mod for sure.

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
I ordered a GoGo Solenoid from Holderdown... I also got another tranny on the way as well... my plan is to put the GoGo Solenoid in, and get it to the shop to swap trannys... then hopefully save up some cash and send my other tranny out to be rebuilt

Nic

Reaction score
well, we ended up swapping out the entire valve body from an 03 to his 06, still same problem. I believe shes smoked :lookaround:

Latest posts

Members online