Transmission Service

vcassens

Reaction score
What is the best way to do it the dealer says it is not necessary to change the filter in the transmission just the inline filter and flush the fluid. What are your guys opinion on this? I am needing to get the trans serviced in the very near future just wanting to no the best way to do the job thanks Vincent

Zmann

Reaction score
because the filter in the pan is a screen .. the only real filter is an external filter near the radiator
the only way to service this trans is by dropping the pan and replacing the 8 ish quarts with the ford ATF or doing a hot flush from a dealer or shop that knows what they are doing

ps

Mark is our Transmission go to guy so listen to him ;-)

vcassens

Reaction score
I defiantly have heard good things about mark and I do trust him and will just get it done at the dealer I just wanted to make sure this sounded right because the last truck I had was a 04 with the zf6 and before that was a 95 half ton LOL but thanks for the help guys I will be getting this done soon.

vcassens

Reaction score
Ok so what is the best fluid to use would motor craft be the best or is there better fluid to use? thanks for the info

Zmann

Reaction score
Motorcraft Mercon LV replaces SP ( the original spec) but the two are mixable

valvoline Has one that is supposed to Be approved also(see high mileage ATF ) and way cheaper ,, but IDK If I would use it ?
if the dealer is doing your hot flush and filter it is $280.00 FYI

I don't know how many miles you have but I did the pan drop and filter at 30k and the heated flush at 60k

Last edited:

Zmann

Reaction score
the correct 08 up pan///// some had the same filter as us

Zmann

Reaction score
No worries ,, small detail

it is a great suggestion to get 100 percent filtering over the toilet paper roll part time filtering

on my list also

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Just a FYI..Never power flush a trans..BTS adevises never do this..just drain the pan install a new filter and refill every 30k.

For those that don't have a real filter:

Should cost less than $150

Filter #8C3Z7A098D
Pan #8C3Z7A194B

Zmann

Reaction score
Power flush lol

people confuse the Heated flush for power flush back flush all kinds of misconceptions

it just replaces old fluid with Heated new fluid

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.