Transmission Tuning

BuyAFordTheySaid

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum. Just picked up a 2001 F350 ECSB from a buddy of mine. Trying to get a feel for how some things work. The truck had a new ford heavy duty 4r100 installed about 6k-10k miles ago. I was towing my boat last weekend and the transmission just wasn't shifting how it should be, and even tending to slip at over half-three quarter throttle. It has a TS-6 position that was re-tuned by gear head automotive back before the trans was replaced. Supposedly the old trans had a VB upgrade of some such. I was reading about getting a VB for the new transmission and they all suggest a re-tune. My question is, could the tuner be what's causing the shifting issues if it was retuned for an upgraded VB? Looking for line pressure it doesn't have or something? If not would changing the valve body help? Or do I have something else going on? Any help would be appreciated.

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
Seems to me, that if the tuning was done for a VB on the old transmission and the new one has a stock one, you need to get a VB installed if you want the problem to go away. Or get the chip burned for a bone stock tranny.

BuyAFordTheySaid

Reaction score
Think I might just get a VB they aren't too expensive. Just wanted to see if it was plausible that that was in fact the issue. I've seen a few different recommendations on here. Have to do some more research.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.