transmission

Short Bus

Reaction score
Rollled into the throttle @ 70 mph, the trans down shifted at wot then went BANG followed by the engine banging on the rev limiter at what ever rpm that is at. Havent pulled the trans yet, probably will tomorrow. Hopefully its just an input shaft, but if its not, can a mechanical guy tear one of these down and replace whats broke? Or is there any psa sponsors that are within driving distance of ks that know there way around one of these trannys that i could take it to? I am trying to avoid spending 5k to have another one built, would rather fix it myself if possible or pay to just have the broken crap fixed.

I dont remember how old the trans is, 4 maybe 5 years and is supposed to have all the billet goodies in it.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Is that one not a bts? Wish I knew my way inside the transmissions more, and I'd come help. But I do not. Good luck.

Short Bus

Reaction score
No was built by a guy in Oklahoma. Went by the name of richter69 back in the tds days. He has built all of our transmissions just doesn't have time to do a quick turn around for me

David N

Reaction score
When I broke my input shaft a couple months ago, it was the same situation. Only the end that broke off in the converter was wedged in and we couldn't get it out. Be prepared for the worse if that's the case, and forget the quick turnaround unless you have a spare converter.

Short Bus

Reaction score
Well my quick turn around time may not be such a big issue now, bought another truck lol. Came across a slick e99 f250 4x4 eclb auto xlt with 200k. made the kid a 6500 offer and now i own it. runs, drives and looks good. just got a few little issues, needs glow plugs, ebpv leaking oil and power windows arent working.

Short Bus

Reaction score
Looks like the input shaft shelled out the forward drum. Gonna have my guy rebuild it again since I have another set of wheels to drive now.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Looks like the input shaft shelled out the forward drum. Gonna have my guy rebuild it again since I have another set of wheels to drive now.

I would have put 4500 of that 6500 towards a bts... but now you dont have to worry bout it being down. Sounds like a decent buy on the 99..

live life full throttle

Short Bus

Reaction score
Ehh no since in buying a second built trans and my custom harvesting company needed another truck anyway

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.