treans dtc code list

pipeliner

Reaction score
just installed a new tune. drove about 30 miles around town and on highway to do a relearn. i dont know what the proper way of the relearn procedure. if anyone knows it please let me know. anyway i was testing some wot runs to see how the truck ran. i was cruising at about 50mph and went wot and truck down shifted and then banged hard in and out of lockup. well thats what it felt like to me anyway. tow haul light started flashing. i pulled over to see what the dtc were. i didnt save them like a normal person would lol. i was in a hurry. but heres what i gather from memory...... one code said something a bout friction plates d. and d solenoid was stuck off/on. and another one about range sensor. and yet another one about fan clutch. anyway changed the tune to another less powerfull tune. it seemed fine. i got back home drove easy cause i dont want to burn anything up anymore than i already have. my question is can someone give me a list of trans codes that i can look over. if i see the codes ill remember which ones i had. i dont want to drive the truck again and hurt it anymore just to pull the codes up since i cleared then before i retuned the truck. i do have an extra valve body...maybe i can just use and modify the extra epc solenoid for the direct drive solenoid to get me by......if thats the problem.thanks guys sorry for the long story, i just wanted to get it out there.

sootie

Reaction score
most ppl say two 25% throttle run thru all gears, then two 50% run then some WOT runs. usually takes a few WOT runs to smooth out. i was never a big fan of the 50mph downshift runs-feels a little harsh. after the WOT runs i drive normally and consistently for a bit. seems to have been a good base so far.
i use 4x4 for trans relearn so it doesnt spin.

pipeliner

Reaction score
Ok got a code list from mark k....hes the 5r master. My codes were p0706 and p0766. Basically related to the direct drive solenoid. I replaced with a epc solenoid that i modded myself. And tomorrow ill drive it because mercon sp and mercon lv i can only get from the ford dealer and they had to be ordered.So ill be getting external and internal filter to change out. I ordered 10 quarts. That will have to do till i get the money to get the trans hot flushed. Hopefully the trans will get me down the road till then.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.