Trouble codes

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
The mil light was not on but my truck has been sitting for about 2 weeks and I got back in it and is driving kinda funny. Doesn't have the hair dryer sound it's really throaty low end seems to be not present. Codes I pulled up are p0046, p0069, p0470. One of them was something about the turbocharger and another one was map related and the the last one was exhaust something or another lol. Could this be a coked turbo that needs cleaned, bad map sensor? Could this harm the truck driving it this way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Commandos888

Reaction score
remove the map hose and check for build up of carbon in it.also that p0470 is a hard code for a bad ebp sensor.check that EBP sensor also for carbon.

Pwrcummins

Reaction score
Took out turbo and cleaned it. Started without CAI and sounded like it should. I put the intake on and it went away. Same throaty sound and no hair dyer sound. Boost shows to be a little slow on the gauge. I rev it and shut it down no turbo whistle. Still need to look at ebv sensor but could it be something on the intake causing this? Didn't happen till tx had a really bad freeze for a couple days while it sat for 2 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Commandos888

Reaction score
Did you find the problem?? was it a bad EBP sensor?? like i said if blows a code like that it will be a wiring.sensor or a carbon out tube. 9 times out a ten that sensor just takes a crap.The EBP sensor is the Brain for the Vgt to work right.

Commandos888

Reaction score
Re: Hey bud

lol! ok i'm glad you found it. My head tech and me have about 15 of these in the our tool box.what's funny its all bad! lol! time to throw them in the trash.

Latest posts

Members online