Truck Decisions

White Mamba

Reaction score
I have 05 6.0 with 67k on it and have done no mods, it will be paid off in like 8 months. Truck is hardly driven but want to do bulletproofing as we want to buy a new fifth wheel after truck paid off.

Here is Idea I would like opinions on. My thought is I can sell my low mileage truck and buy at least a year newer with 140k miles for 10k less or I have even seen 08 with 6.4 for what my truck will sell for, I have short bed now and a long bed would be more ideal for 5th wheel and would come out ahead $$ upgrading the truck I want as opposed to what I have....

Last edited:

OBS F350

Reaction score
If you like your current truck I would just upgrade it, I assume you've had it for awhile and you know how it's been taken care of etc. Just think your truck has 67k miles on everything on it... If you sell it and get a truck that has 140k on it that may be bulletproofed, or you will be bulletproofing it, you will have the extra 70-80k miles on everything else.. Going to start getting in that area where stuff starts wearing out.

If it were me and I was only interested in towing a 5th wheel with my truck and daily driving it, I would just bulletproof your current ride. Although I suppose depending on the size of the 5th wheel it may change my opinion into getting a long bed or dually. But my friend tows his 44 foot toy hauler with his cc/sb duramax lifted 6 inches on 35's that makes 700+ horsepower and doesn't have any problems.

I'll trade you my bulletproofed cc/lb for yours if you really want to LOL.

Latest posts

Members online