Truck died out of no where. Ideas?

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Truck died out of no where. Help

Well I just went out started my truck and kicked it on high idle to warm up for a min while I let the dogs out. Put the dogs in get in the truck flip high idle off and pull out of the driveway. 100 yards down the road it started missing and smoking white and shut off. Cranks quickly, tach and oil pressure come and smokes white. Just got it it fire it slowly picked up to a regular idle, it smoothed out and I put it in reverse to get it back home made it 50 feet smoking white like crazy and then finally cut out. All fluids seem normal truck and it hasn't thrown a code yet. Ideas?

Last edited:

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Dragged it back to the house. Pulled the upper fuel filter and the fuel looks like chit. Hazy almost white. Its weird I filled up at my usual place. It has a a high volume of big trucks filling up and I've never had a problem. The truck ran perfectly for 3/4 of the tank. So what's the easiest way to drain the tank? I'm going to drain it and new fuel filters and see what happens

windrunner408

Reaction score
besides punching a hole in the bottom (which I dont recommend doing), you need to drop the tank, remove the sending unit and flip the tank over to get all of the fuel out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.