Truck died? WTF...

TyCorr

Reaction score
is causing this.

I have NEVER had trouble with my truck. So its a bit strange to me that I changed tunes and the truck wont run in anything above an 80hp performance tune. I selected a 120hp, php tune and the truck died, in gear, while moving. No codes but it dead set the SES light.

Started right back up after I put it in 'stock' setting. Drive along for about three miles and upon backing into my driveway the truck lugged, there was a laboring sound and the truck died again. Im suspecting the whine was my hpop.

I am going to try reloading tunes as my previous batch the 140 extreme even worked and never killed the truck.

Does this sound like a common eff up indicative of something that is going kaput?

Thanks

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
TS chip i am assuming?? If so i had four tunes that would not run on my first chip from swamps only the two hottest tunes would work. Just a new chip is what is needed something did not get burned correctly most likely.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Im gonna reburn the chip tomorrow. See if that helps.

My hpo has to be getting weak though. Its the original.

TyCorr

Reaction score
TS chip i am assuming?? If so i had four tunes that would not run on my first chip from swamps only the two hottest tunes would work. Just a new chip is what is needed something did not get burned correctly most likely.

Well it could be a combination of the tunes and CPS couldn't it?

The cps would kill the truck altogether. Not intermittent or tuning dependent input. It would die and that'd be it. Ime, anyway.

Im thinking the tunes think my truck has a 15* oil pump.

Southmike

Reaction score
Hpop would show up in all tunes..if it bad enough to kill truck.
Reburn and make sure chip is well seated, and taped in.

TyCorr

Reaction score
This is what I'm wondering.

Thats what Im going to have to confirm tonight. Im thinking I got some xle, or whatever fhe fakk e99 is, tunes.

The chip is in tight. Tape? Mine is in farther than the penetration it passes through. Or is that to prevent it from coming out?

Arisley

Reaction score
I think you are correct in assuming it is in the tunes. Since it never did it before. However, a CPS can give an intermittant die. Run fine and then just crap out. Start right back up and run fine for a bit and then just die again.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I think you are correct in assuming it is in the tunes. Since it never did it before. However, a CPS can give an intermittant die. Run fine and then just crap out. Start right back up and run fine for a bit and then just die again.

Ive never heard that Arizzle. In my travels, the cps has been cut and dry. Itrust your advice however.

It literally only does it when I change to the 100hp or 140....well the 140 might be ok but the 100 kills it on the way to the 140. Is there anyway to look at icp/ipr dc/pw to see if ive got hpo problems? My cts provides values there.

In a totally unrelated observation my php tunes never exceed 2.6ms of pw. Is this normal?

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
The old black ones would kill the truck outright. But IME if you let the truck cool off for a while it'd start, and run fine, until the truck got hot again. Kinda like the ignition modules on older ford 300 I6's did.

The gray ones, it's anybody's guess. Some die outright, some just run like crap at any RPM above idle, and some the truck just runs badly no matter what.

TyCorr

Reaction score
The old black ones would kill the truck outright. But IME if you let the truck cool off for a while it'd start, and run fine, until the truck got hot again. Kinda like the ignition modules on older ford 300 I6's did.

The gray ones, it's anybody's guess. Some die outright, some just run like crap at any RPM above idle, and some the truck just runs badly no matter what.
Mines black. Wtf will I do when this one goes? They are impossible to get. I guess Id have to go to international then.

Changing tunes will kill my truck, hot or cold. It starts right back up, no matter what. If I dont put the truck into the tune that kills it, it wont die backing up either. If I try to use the 100hp tune and the truck dies theres a good chance it'll die next time I back it somewhere. IDK why or how?

Like I said, Ive not had one LICK of trouble like this. In 265k miles. No hpo trouble. One cps several years ago. I guess Im lucky there.

My biggest woe is oil leaks. I have a feeling the motor is coming out because of it.

TyCorr

Reaction score
How do I keep the truck from throwing the two codes for the epbv? Its not there. Its not coming back. I have a non ebpv pedestal. A van adapter on my 38r..Why does the pcm care about that worthless crap being gone?

They are soft codes. But when I go into the dtc's on the cts I get sick of seeing them there.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
How do I keep the truck from throwing the two codes for the epbv? Its not there. Its not coming back. I have a non ebpv pedestal. A van adapter on my 38r..Why does the pcm care about that worthless crap being gone?

They are soft codes. But when I go into the dtc's on the cts I get sick of seeing them there.

What did you do with the ebpv sensor? Did you just disconnect it?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.