Truck dies.

Show

Reaction score
Think I found the problem. The IPR connector is loose on the IPR body, and the rubber plug seal has deteriorated. There is oil in inside the connector.

So it looks like I need to splice in a new IPR connector and possibly a new IPR.

Any tricks to get that IPR swapped out easily without too much of a head ache?

johnholman

Reaction score
Riff raff has the pigtail. I think it's an inch and an eighth deep socket. I had the new one in my hand and tried to change it real quick.

Show

Reaction score
Picked up a new pigtail from Ford for $12, spliced it in and cleaned up the IPR. Starts and runs.

As soon as my laptop gets done re-installing Windows, I'll hook up AE and take it for a test drive and see if it shuts down on me.

Show

Reaction score
Picked up a new pigtail from Ford for $12, spliced it in and cleaned up the IPR. Starts and runs.

As soon as my laptop gets done re-installing Windows, I'll hook up AE and take it for a test drive and see if it shuts down on me.

So, the IPR pig tail didn't fix it. Had 2 hot no starts today.

AE was showing ~165psi during cranking with duty cycle jumping up to ~65%. But a splash of cold water on the IPR and it started right up. Has me thinking that the coil assembly part is failing when hot?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.