Truck dies.

Show

Reaction score
Think I found the problem. The IPR connector is loose on the IPR body, and the rubber plug seal has deteriorated. There is oil in inside the connector.

So it looks like I need to splice in a new IPR connector and possibly a new IPR.

Any tricks to get that IPR swapped out easily without too much of a head ache?

johnholman

Reaction score
Riff raff has the pigtail. I think it's an inch and an eighth deep socket. I had the new one in my hand and tried to change it real quick.

Show

Reaction score
Picked up a new pigtail from Ford for $12, spliced it in and cleaned up the IPR. Starts and runs.

As soon as my laptop gets done re-installing Windows, I'll hook up AE and take it for a test drive and see if it shuts down on me.

Show

Reaction score
Picked up a new pigtail from Ford for $12, spliced it in and cleaned up the IPR. Starts and runs.

As soon as my laptop gets done re-installing Windows, I'll hook up AE and take it for a test drive and see if it shuts down on me.

So, the IPR pig tail didn't fix it. Had 2 hot no starts today.

AE was showing ~165psi during cranking with duty cycle jumping up to ~65%. But a splash of cold water on the IPR and it started right up. Has me thinking that the coil assembly part is failing when hot?

Latest posts

Members online