Truck down. I repeat. Truck down.

Kind

Reaction score
Seized solid. Put a bar on the crank and it won't budge either way even the slightest.

Pulled some oil and it looks o-k. A tiny amount of metal specs with the small sample we pulled but nothing overly alarming.

Worst part is I wasn't even driving it. I let my better half take it to pick up our daughter. First time anyone has driven it in years lol. Both her and our kid said it sounded like a thud-swoosh and then it shut down.

sootie

Reaction score
Wonder what would happen if you pull glow plugs and put a bar back on? Curious if one or two cracked nozzles would cause that.

Kind

Reaction score
Wonder what would happen if you pull glow plugs and put a bar back on? Curious if one or two cracked nozzles would cause that.

It's seized solid. I doubt(but you never know) that it's cracked nozzles.

We had a big bar on the crank and the motor was moving in the mounts slightly.

Did you cut open the oil filter? How does the trans fluid look?

Never cut open the filter. Trans fluid is fine.

Damn, the trips?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yep.

Kind

Reaction score
A year and a half later I have an update lol. Work has been slow since 2015 around here so that’s why it’s taken so long.

Two broke Carrillo rods opposite to each other. The crank, cam , two rods and piston assemblies and the block are garbage. Everything else is good.

The rebuild is underway slowly.

506f60ee500488e676e117cd6a9155a1.jpg
c2e8fd47a2b55c7d4d8e9e972187ef99.jpg
0b982c00a631639c06208654fdd29291.jpg
77fb251212c73d62bc72dc0a5ae3efdc.jpg

Kind

Reaction score
Any ideas on the cause?

No nothing clear. Jordan was saying it’s one of the more odd engine failures he’s seen. I have had oiling malfunctions in the past but nothing looks like an oil starvation issue.

Sounds like someone was hot roddin !!

Nope lol. I wasn’t even driving it at the time. My better 3/4’s just finished picking up her daughter from my parents house. Pulled out on the highway from the side road got up to about 40mph and all they heard was poof. And she doesn’t bag on anything. When I drive they both start panicking if I make over 25psi of boost.

Probably a good thing I wasn’t driving because I would have been harder on the throttle and cause more damage. The fact that she drives it so passively probably saved parts.

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
No nothing clear. Jordan was saying it’s one of the more odd engine failures he’s seen. I have had oiling malfunctions in the past but nothing looks like an oil starvation issue.

What makes you think oil starvation? I have a similar failure and would like to know what happened for my own curiosity.

Kind

Reaction score
What makes you think oil starvation? I have a similar failure and would like to know what happened for my own curiosity.

There was no signs of starvation. Other then rods suiciding themselves we don’t really know why it happened.

Latest posts

Members online