truck price with bad motor

jrex2506

Reaction score
rebuilding my motor in my truck but know a guy that has an 04 ccsb 4x4 with 140k on it that the motor is bad. like to have a parts truck but what is a good price for it? could use some parts but don't want to pay way more than what its worth.

posted from middle of no where.

webb06

Reaction score
Depends on interior and exterior condition. Maybe $3-$4k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrex2506

Reaction score
not bad lariat model some small rust here n there nothing horrible.

posted from middle of no where.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Id agree with 3-4k. Hows the trans, front end, etc? Aint much of a parts truck if all the useful, swappable mechanical parts are junk. Exterior and interior stuff will really only get you so far. Itd really be cost vs fixin yours type deal id figure.

wiseguy

Reaction score
good clean title lariat ccsb around here 8k+ all day. rusty trucks <1200 I have picked up couple decent body trucks resold them on iaai. I think superduty parts are gold plated. A clean short bed is 2500 last one i had sold before i unloaded it from the hauler. good doors 350-400 trucks part out really well

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
good clean title lariat ccsb around here 8k+ all day. rusty trucks <1200 I have picked up couple decent body trucks resold them on iaai. I think superduty parts are gold plated. A clean short bed is 2500 last one i had sold before i unloaded it from the hauler. good doors 350-400 trucks part out really well

Those prices are not as high here, 2500 you can get a new takeoff short bed with bumper and gate, doors are more in the 2-300 range etc etc, just depends where you are located

TyCorr

Reaction score
Those prices are not as high here, 2500 you can get a new takeoff short bed with bumper and gate, doors are more in the 2-300 range etc etc, just depends where you are located

The yards in IL are so few and far between that people think a door is worth 600. Beds are ridiculous.

dsberman94

Reaction score
The yards in IL are so few and far between that people think a door is worth 600. Beds are ridiculous.

Wholly crap. I could make a good living parting trucks in Illinois. Around here a couple guys I'm friends with buy trucks and part them and it's just extra money for them. But they'll buy parts off Facebook, like doors for $100 and flip them for 200-300 every time. Wish I had an area to store parts trucks so I could start doing it too.

Latest posts

Members online