Truck won't start

CoastalF350

Reaction score
I got a call from my brother this afternoon that his truck wouldn't start. It's a 2006 ford 6.0 with 118k miles. It started fine for him after school but when he drove to Walmart and turned it off he returned to a non starting truck. It cranks 100% fine but will not start. Any ideas?

CoastalF350

Reaction score
Accidentally cleared the codes... Truck has been sitting for 4.5 hours... Still won't start

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Shot in the dark but did he brake hard to a stop with less than 1/4 tank of fuel?

On another note
I must be a broke dik. My 06 has 126k miles and i owe 9k on it. Ive been out of school for around 18 years. 14 if i finished college. Lol

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
That could very likely be the shower head broken off in the tank. Put some more diesel in it.

^^^^^^
Whs
Get it half full and then crank away. It might take more than a few times cranking it to pick up some fuel and start.

Gary

Reaction score
If it's not out of fuel check ICP, if it's not making 500 PSI of ICP remove the IPR valve and look for a cut in the screen. If you find a cut, you found the problem.

CoastalF350

Reaction score
Its not the fuel is getting to the bowl. it does have an oil leak that looks like below the turbo. its running down the oil pan

Wildman

Reaction score
What's the easiest way to get to the ICP and IPR valve?

The ICP sensor is very easy to get to on any 6.0 built after 09/29/03, it's located in the passenger side valve cover, toward the front of the engine. If the ICP sensor is biased and reading incorrectly, it can report low ICP regardless of the actual pressure in the system. When the PCM does not see at least 500 PSI of ICP, it will not command the FICM to fire the injectors.

To test for a biased ICP sensor, you can just unplug it and try to start it. This will default the PCM reading to approximately 700 PSI, which will allow it to start and run if sufficient high pressure oil is in fact preset.

As far as accessing the IPR, it can be reached from the front of the engine or from underneath. Check oil Diesel Tech Ron on YouTube, he has a lot of informative videos on 6.0 repair, including accessing the IPR.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online