TS burner question...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I have a friend that has a TS burner that he uses for Cales tunes. Would this same burner work for other tuners if they email me the tunes? Trying to shorten the time for changes via shipping chips...

If not I may just break down and buy one myself.

Is every tuner formatted different?

And I dont give two craps about DP and Moats chips...:thumbup:

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
I have a friend that has a TS burner that he uses for Cales tunes. Would this same burner work for other tuners if they email me the tunes? Trying to shorten the time for changes via shipping chips...

If not I may just break down and buy one myself.

Is every tuner formatted different?

And I dont give two craps about DP and Moats chips...:thumbup:

Joe, I have two burners here, well three if i count the old Van Aaken. (which i would gladly sell if anyone needs one) I have only ever come across one chip i had to send in to get reformatted. BDP was usuing a diff format but I dont think they do now. Almost certain Dave/Jon use regular format on the TS chip. If you need one let me know, I can get you set up.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Hummm... I'll shoot you an email tomorrow.

Anyone else? I would hate to buy a burner and be back in square one...

Thanks!

CurtisF

Reaction score
Joe, the tunes themselves can be burned to any format chip.

However, not every chip works immediately with every burner. Some burners are format locked, and in that case the chip format must match the burner. As long as the chip and burner are happy together, you can throw any tune on there you want.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Joe, I have two burners here, well three if i count the old Van Aaken. (which i would gladly sell if anyone needs one) I have only ever come across one chip i had to send in to get reformatted. BDP was usuing a diff format but I dont think they do now. Almost certain Dave/Jon use regular format on the TS chip. If you need one let me know, I can get you set up.

PM sent on the van aaken

CurtisF

Reaction score
That helps. I may end up buying one so we are not shipping all the time...

That would be cool.

I would have sent yours out already, except my only switch is in my truck on my chip.... and my truck is at the shop because the rear diff is ***ked. Gears got thrashed, metal all in the pumpkin, clutch pack probably toast, etc. Fun times.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
We can get burners. Majority of the guys will work on your standard burner. PHP has their own format, Jonathan from No Limit has his own format, and DP has their own format.

If you tell them what your burner is, almost anyone can format it to match your needs

Vengeance

Reaction score
Joe, the tunes have nothing to do with the burners. Your chip needs to be formatted to match the burner your using. If Cale was using the D1 format, then the chip that you have needs to be the D1 format, and you can load anyone's tune that is using the PCMX software on the chip.

If your chip has BC format then you need Bills format on the burner. Smell what I'm steppin in?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Joe, the tunes have nothing to do with the burners. Your chip needs to be formatted to match the burner your using. If Cale was using the D1 format, then the chip that you have needs to be the D1 format, and you can load anyone's tune that is using the PCMX software on the chip.

If your chip has BC format then you need Bills format on the burner. Smell what I'm steppin in?

So it sounds like I need to get my burner from Bill because at this point all my chips but one are formatted by PHP...

Clem1226

Reaction score
I have one of Bill's burners and live right up the road....your welcome to borrow if you need it.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
If it wasn't for Matt not wanting to email for TS tunes I would have stayed with a TS chip. I like it. And who in the world needs 17 freaking tunes!? LOL I'm only gonna use 3-4. I mean really. Lowest HP/daily driver, high idle, balls out fuel only, and balls out with nitrous. What else does a guy need?

Latest posts

Members online