Tune question

dbunyip

Reaction score
So I fixed the up pipe leak and got my 250/200s in, installed an f6 and asked for the biggest streetable tune for it and they said the 120hp one. I get it running late last night and its got the power!!! My question is to anyone else with this tune is how does it idle? Mine is real rough, kind of like someone running a resistor. And it smokes like 12v youtube video... of course its Saturday and I can't get in touch with dp to ask them/order a smaller tune. Any other ideas I can try while I wait?

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Mine idles like a stock obs.
My buddy had DP tunes. Idled like crap. He thought the truck was broken. Switched to Matt's tunes and it idles like glass. No touchy pedal either. Just all around better tunes

under pressure

Reaction score
If you like everything else about the tune, call and get it adjusted, run a data log at idle and send it in, tell the tuner what its doing in detail, probably icp is too high..etc... Datalog will tell the story.

dbunyip

Reaction score
Im not giving up on it yet, timing just sucks not getting it done till friday night and having all weekend to do nothing with it. ICP is high 600s at idle

dbunyip

Reaction score
I could be way off but I want to say it was 1.14. Ill be back at the truck in 30mins, what should I be looking at/data logging?

dbunyip

Reaction score
sitting inn truck right now. cold it was 790psi and 1.01ms, it almost up to temp and its about 700psi and .98ms. no load at 1500rpm is smooths out and is at 980psi .84ms

under pressure

Reaction score
Seems pw should be shorter at idle than at 1500rpm. See what Dave says or another diy tuner thinks.

dbunyip

Reaction score
screenshot

0-80run.jpg

AE file for that run

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wven60r8gx8r0u1/run%204.csv

dbunyip

Reaction score
Also IDK if any of this matters, but somewhere in 4th gear it set the MIL but went out when I slowed down. I have codes P0472 exhaust pressure sensor low, p0238 Boost sensor a circuit high, P1690 wastegate solenoid circuit, Pp0475 exhaust pressure control valve, P0603 internal control module keep alive memory (KAM) error

907DAVE

Reaction score
ICP is way too high a idle. For a smooth idle that PW needs to be in the he 1.3-1.4 range. Might make a request to get the ICP in the 500-550 range for the next program - that will smooth that thing out a bunch.

dbunyip

Reaction score
Stock HPOP right now. It has turbonetics T4 kit with there 72mm turbo, Full force 250/200s, riffraff billet intake, dieselsite HPOP res spacer thing. Next big thing will be at least a clutch if not a built auto swap. This clutch can't hold it of you lay into it. Hoping a smaller tune will let me run for a little bit on this one

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Shoot Jody an e-mail([email protected]) or call us on Monday at 828-221-0076 if you would like an adjustment made to your tune. We will be happy to help you out.

He may want to see those datalog's too. I am sure he will get you taken care of quickly.

dbunyip

Reaction score
Didnt look at the duty cycle. I will try shooting an email over, I wont be able to call till the end of the week during your biz hours. I ordered a smaller tune last night but I guess thats not an automated process.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Didnt look at the duty cycle. I will try shooting an email over, I wont be able to call till the end of the week during your biz hours. I ordered a smaller tune last night but I guess thats not an automated process.

Oh okay. Yeah, Jody will personally send you the tune.

Let me know if I can be of any help. I do not do the tuning, but I am more than happy to answer questions about any of our products or tunes.

dbunyip

Reaction score
So I got the 60hp tune from dp and it runs a little smoother in upper rpms, idles worse than the 120hp file and smoke is about the same. I also got a ts chip, not exactly sure whos tunes are on it, came from ATS. It idles great, stock and next level up start missing at about 1500rpm the other 2 bigger tunes i never tried driving in but smoked like crazy under no load. Took half the day off work today so I could talk to DP and whoever I talked to seemed to think the tune was not setup for my injectors and they had to talk to Jody but never got a call back or a reply to my email from Saturday although it was around 3pm cali time and if I remember correctly they are a few time zones over.

One of my biggest questions is about the smoke, is it just the way the tunes are setup or am I missing something else, it doesn't smoke at all under partial throttle or in the lower rpms but will black out the road at anything over 20psi boost and at the same time I get a MIL but it turns off when I back out and there is nothing in the codes that wasn't there to start with. I'm starting to get nervous that I chose the wrong size injector.

Hopefully I can get this figured out. Anxious to drive it around again, its been too long. I just cant afford to take anymore time off work because of it and its hard when I work 6am-6pm. Already taken 30hrs off trying to deal with getting it running again over the last couple days

Latest posts

Members online