Tuner question

stevens6.7

Reaction score
I bought a tuner a few months ago to have one since I had been reading they were going away. I was told it would work but a recent thread saying some companies were selling street tuners as race tuners got me thinking. I am not way accusing anyone of this just need reassurance that my tuner will work when I decide to fire it up in a year or so.

So my question is this...Is there a way I can fire up my tuner to see if it will tune my truck without actually loading the tune into the truck seeing as I still have a warranty on the truck?

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
I bought a tuner a few months ago to have one since I had been reading they were going away. I was told it would work but a recent thread saying some companies were selling street tuners as race tuners got me thinking. I am not way accusing anyone of this just need reassurance that my tuner will work when I decide to fire it up in a year or so.

So my question is this...Is there a way I can fire up my tuner to see if it will tune my truck without actually loading the tune into the truck seeing as I still have a warranty on the truck?

load the tuner on the truck, if it accepts the tune, then you should be good to go and you can just return it back to stock and keep driving it.

from my knowledge where they know the truck is tuned is by the last time it went into a regen mode. so say the truck should regen every 3500 miles for example. if you tune it and go 35000 miles and have a problem and then tune it back to stock and take the truck in. then they see it hasnt regened in 35000 miles and then they know it was a truck that was tuned and deleted.

i havent been to concerend with warranty. i deleted my 6.7 at 10k it has 76k on it now and has been in the dealer for every oil change and no one has ever said a word to me about it

stevens6.7

Reaction score
load the tuner on the truck, if it accepts the tune, then you should be good to go and you can just return it back to stock and keep driving it.

from my knowledge where they know the truck is tuned is by the last time it went into a regen mode. so say the truck should regen every 3500 miles for example. if you tune it and go 35000 miles and have a problem and then tune it back to stock and take the truck in. then they see it hasnt regened in 35000 miles and then they know it was a truck that was tuned and deleted.

i havent been to concerend with warranty. i deleted my 6.7 at 10k it has 76k on it now and has been in the dealer for every oil change and no one has ever said a word to me about it

Thanks man! I will go ahead try that and hope it works. One quick question I notice my truck seems to regen everyday it seems. Should I be concerned?

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Thanks man! I will go ahead try that and hope it works. One quick question I notice my truck seems to regen everyday it seems. Should I be concerned?

cant really answer that, its been so long since mine has regened and it was only stock for the 1st 10k of its life so i really dont remeber

BK39

Reaction score

Driving conditions and distance play a key factor with regen. Lots of stop and go, around 50+ miles a day, I'd say it would be normal. That's roughly what I drive, and mine regens every day or couple days. But only for a quick couple seconds.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Driving conditions and distance play a key factor with regen. Lots of stop and go, around 50+ miles a day, I'd say it would be normal. That's roughly what I drive, and mine regens every day or couple days. But only for a quick couple seconds.

Okay cause that's about my driving habits are and my truck does about the same thing. Thanks for posting up!

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Mine wil regen 3 or 4 times a day but I'm tuned and drive like a jackasses.... :)

Hahaha!

Well good news is my truck accepted the tune and put everything back to stock. I'm itching so much to delete everything but it only has 3900 miles on it :swordfight:

Latest posts

Members online