tuning for 175/30s vs 160/30s

levi1906

Reaction score
I purchased a custom tuned chip for my 7.3 about a year ago through beans diesel. I also at the same time was getting injectors from performance injection systems. I had ordered 175/30 injectors and so I ordered my chip tuned for that size. after the fact I was contacted by p.i.s and found out they no longer offered the 175/30s, so I went with the 160/30s.

my question would be, would the chip being tuned for 175/30s affect in a negative way a truck running 160s?

the truck seems a lot more sluggish taking off, to me lacking a lot of the bottom end power from take of that it seemed to have in stock form. along with running really dirty.

am I looking at an issue with tuning tuning sending too much fuel to my injectors?

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
A 175 would take more pw to empty verses a 160. Not by much but just slightly. To be honest I have seen way more difference I. What tuning actually calls for and what is actually required to empty an injector. Some tuners do not understand just because two company's offer injectors with the same numbers in the description that everything else could be different.

Latest posts

Members online