turbo and exhaust brakes

steele86

Reaction score
i was going to put a 38r and a exhaust brake on but i have read a lot about other turbos that you guys are running on this forum the thread (turbo talk) was helpfull but am i albe to run a exhaust brake on those turbos? what is the best way to go i pull my trailers alot they range from 5,000 to 16,000lb. right now the mods that i have is 4" exhaust, injs swamps 175/146, intake bean tunes, stock trbo with ats housing i get good power out of it but i have already replace it once i want something better with more power. so what do you guys think

Big Bore

Reaction score
You can place an inline BD brake anywhere in the exhaust. Mine is after the downpipe under the truck and has 5" v-band connectors that are attached to 4" pipe, so theoretically you could even have a 5" exhaust with it.

JDub

Reaction score
If you run the 38R and maintain the factory warm-up valve, DP Tuner offers a tune that will allow you to open and close that valve on command through the chip, functioning it as an exhaust brake.

Southmike

Reaction score
That makes no difference but stronger springs might help...prevent valve float.
You can also use an sp adapter or diy a ebpv brake...though the remote 4" brake if you have a 4" exhaust is better...dont for get the trans control if you have an auto.
The tc needs to be locked up when its in use iirc...but you can ask joe...aka csipsd about the sp jobbie.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Yeah I suggest a set of 910 springs as well.

I have the bd brake on my stock e99. Works good. In your case I might make a suggestion. I bet Jake can plumb an inline brake into your down pipe if you have him build you a t4 kit. Just another option.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Depends on your goals. Staying under 450hp a 38r is a pretty good choice. Of course a T4 kit with an s366 or s468 will do everything a 38r will and more. Plus you have more options with a t4 kit. Its all personal preference.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.