Turbo E vs F Series

OhOne

Reaction score
I have a '01 E350, I see that there is in fact a difference between the two on the turbo on these motors. Can someone school me on the details of this? Which is better to run? The vehicle is bone stock at the moment and would like to start installing aftermarket products seeing as it just clicked 100k miles now. Also, anyone have an aftermarket intake on theirs? Cant find one anywhere.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Main differences are the turbine housing size and wastegate vs. no wastegate. The F series trucks come stock with a .84 turbine housing and a wastegate. The E series come with a 1.15 turbine housing and no wastegate. The .84 housing is quick to spool but not the best for high RPM situations. The 1.15 is laggy to spool but works much better in higher RPM's and has a naturally lower back pressure. The best, IMO, is the 1.0 housing. Kind of a mix between the two, and works great for 99% of people.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
The Van turbo has a larger exducer on the turbine as well I believe. Not certain.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
You could put a OBS turbine housing and OBS turbine wheel on a SD turbo center section and have a van turbo.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.