turbo question

blackcloudpsd03

Reaction score
I have a customer who is looking for a turbo upgrade nothing fancy. I was thinking a 38r. But I found the same turbo as the 38r ( same size wheels but this turbo is a Jb not a bb) it's made by htt the big bad wolf?? Any of you ever hear of it? Or ran one? What one is better

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
The 38R is a great drop in turbo. Have not ran the other one you speak of, but I can vouch for the 38R. The BB design is tough too.

cjfarm111

Reaction score
I agree with the above comments. I have ran on and its a great tough little turbo. Not a big fan of it if it is ran with anything above a stage I injector though.

njjeep

Reaction score
I had a journal bearing 38r turbo and hated the noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I would just think the whine of the 38 would get annoying? Its a same turbo minus the bb?!

It's not too bad unless you have an open filter setup. Then that thing can scream! I have heard of billet wheels quieting them down as well.

I always have the radio on anyway, so I rarely ever hear it.

blackcloudpsd03

Reaction score
What wheel comes in the 38r? I thought it was the ww2. So by putting a ww2 in it . it should make that whine sound go away? My brothers old truck had a ats housing and ww2 that thing sounded nasty.

Do the bb fail that often? How is the bd turbo thruster same size wheels and housing just a Jb instead of a bb

Latest posts

Members online