@#!*@!! Turbo! What the heck is going on?

UnrepentantSinner

Reaction score
2006, F350, 6.0, 170k

I've narrowed down my turbo problem. I notice it when pulling a trailer. I was pulling an empty stock trailer the other day, everything going good, running 70mph, 11lbs of boost showing on the gauge. Then for no reason, boost drops to zero to 3 or 4lbs. Pressing the accelerator just sends the EGTs thru the roof until the tranny downshifts. Boost comes back up slowly, but lose it all when it shifts again.

30min down the road, boost is back to normal, pickup runs good, no problems.

What the heck is going on here?? Tried the dealership but they can't get the problem to happen when they have it. It's driving me nuts.

loboost

Reaction score
Vanes stuck or bad solenoid.

At the dealer are they driving it under a load? I.e w a trailer?

weazel

Reaction score
Vanes stuck or bad solenoid.

At the dealer are they driving it under a load? I.e w a trailer?

Happened to me, started off intermittent and then just took a crap all together,

Sent from in a ditch up side down and on fire with the wheels still spinning

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
still have a cat? i had a truck doing that, and the material inside was busted up blocking the exist in the cat.

fyi.

UnrepentantSinner

Reaction score
I will do some checking, thanks for the replies.

The dealership was driving it with a trailer, problem is sometimes you can go quite a ways with no problems, other times its a constant problem.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I had this happen as well, started monitoring everything and noticed EBP sensor was bouncing from max to min values all on it's own. Went to pull the sensor to clean it and found the wiring harness going to the sensor was chaffed and two wires were exposed. I pulled it apart and re-wrapped them and the problem went away.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.