Turbo's

Amyers

Reaction score
How hard would it be to put a duramax vgt turbo on my 6.7? I have a vgt mount kit. What would I have to do about the plugs?

Amyers

Reaction score
I have already but not with that idea. The reason is because I have a dmax charger sitting in my bed room. It would save me some money if I could use this charger.

Amyers

Reaction score
Yeah I've already looked at it and talked to elite about it. I just need to figure out how make the plugs work on the dmax charger to my truck. It's a 68mm Danville Performance VGT.

bricewise

Reaction score
I have already but not with that idea. The reason is because I have a dmax charger sitting in my bed room. It would save me some money if I could use this charger.

As far as I know Elite is the only reputable shop doing anything with VGT turbos. If you've talked to them and the kit I linked doesn't work because your brother is doing the piping, and their pedestal doesn't work....I'm not sure what to say.

Maybe Confederate can take care of you?:poke:

Beans71086

Reaction score
As far as I know Elite is the only reputable shop doing anything with VGT turbos. If you've talked to them and the kit I linked doesn't work because your brother is doing the piping, and their pedestal doesn't work....I'm not sure what to say.

Maybe Confederate can take care of you?:poke:

They are the kings of duramax and 6.7 performance, might be the right place! LOL

Either elite or mpd should be able to hook you up with something, like others have said, after market VGTs and elite go together like pb&j.

Amyers

Reaction score
I talked to greg at mpd. He said the vgt design is the same so the electrical stuff should work. He also said their may be some tuning you have to do as well.

Amyers

Reaction score
Okay the vane position sensor on the dmax charger wont be used, just the plug for the vgt solenoid which should plug into mine and with tuning it will be fine.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Okay the vane position sensor on the dmax charger wont be used, just the plug for the vgt solenoid which should plug into mine and with tuning it will be fine.

I can get you setup with a mount and pedestal designed for that VGT turbo and you can have your buddy fab up your piping. Still be custom but without the headache of fitting a turbo to the block and figuring out oil routing.

Latest posts

Members online