turn power slots?

mandkole

Reaction score
Has anyone had powerslots turned? It shouldnt matter, but Ive wondered. Mine have developed the shakes when they are made to do some work.

FORD7.3

Reaction score
You can turn them, just have to do one side at a time. We used to do it at the old place I worked at and it was a little tricky but not impossible.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Check your bearings up front this can cause uneven wear and also check that your pins move freely (ask me how i know).... I've turned powerslots before on my mustang, but you lose the slots eventually..... I would match up the amout cut if possible just so they have the same characteristics.

mandkole

Reaction score
Yeah I figured I'd lose the slot depth--I often wondered how functional the slots are anyway.

Southmike

Reaction score
can or not , I have not had a place that WOULD turn them .
they all said it would break the bit .

Gearhead

Reaction score
can or not , I have not had a place that WOULD turn them .
they all said it would break the bit .

geezus... how deep do they cut on each pass? lol i've done it in a friend's shop, but I took it easy and maybe cut half as much on each pass as you normally would.

nwpastroker

Reaction score
If you cant find an auto shop to do it, try a machine shop. They can even mill the slots back to depth if you really wanted, depending on thickness and how complex the slot is(if its not a strait line and has a curve to the slot it probably wont be worth it money wise.) machine shops will more than likely have better harder tooling than what you will find in a brake lathe.

Latest posts

Members online