Ugh! ICP

bad moose

Reaction score
P2285 and P2286 popped up Monday. ICP sensor voltage low and int. Looks like I'll be replacing the ICP behind the turbo. YEAHHHH!

Anyways anybody have the IH part number for this and the Blue fuel spirng handy?

Any tips and tricks?

bad moose

Reaction score
This code should trip the check engine light? No light but it is on my Edge. Truck starts and runs ok. Should I still change it or wai t for the light?

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
get it from ebay... 59.95 and comes with the pigtail... the international one is like 200 bucks now. you will need the deepwell socket and the more you move the better it will go.... the ficm, ficm mount, degause bottle, all of that.... I used about 3 feet of 3/8 extension with a universal and it didnt go to bad coming out... use shrink wrap on the connections and make sure you get the wire cut back far enough that all the oil is gone out of it.

dzldoctor

Reaction score
Or go from under the truck and remove heat shield and its right there. Did one this morning. no more than hour.

dzldoctor

Reaction score
I just push the harness back through the top back and rewire don't remove much. Big hands won't work well there. I have pretty small hands and they show wear after the job especially when hot like the truck this morning.

bad moose

Reaction score
Truck's been parked till I had time to change the sensor. I'm doing that today along with blue spring.

In the middle of change sensor now. Do you guys with 4wd have it any easier? What a Biatch. Overflow tank down, ficm out, IPR connector had corrosion, cleaned it. Heat shield down and finally got sensor unplugged. Cut wrench and time for lunch. 100+ out not any fun. HA HA HA

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
No doubt, mechanic work in the heat sucks! I have the Matco sensor socket which is sweet. I did one from the bottom but it was on a lift, no way I would try that without a lift!

bad moose

Reaction score
Found the trick. Laid with the feet towards the back of the truck and did it by feel. Could reach right there then. Wasn't too bad after that. Oh yeah would of loved to have a lift, but only had shade on the garage floor :lame:. Changed out the fuel spring and took her out for a test drive. Ran out much better and seemed like got the power back. But butt dyno just could of been happy with the job done and in the a/c. Time to :pint:.

Latest posts

Members online