Unusually LOW Transmission Temps - 2015 6.7

Strokersace

Reaction score
So I've put a couple thousand miles on my 2015 F350 since buying it. Shifts good, runs good, no codes, etc. Still has the oil leaks and water pump leak that I need to fix. I've noticed, though, that the trans temp (gauge and information display) reads incredibly low! Barely breaks 110* and never seen it above 150* towing. This is in ambient temps of 45* avg, 60-70 mph, for approx. 30-45 minutes. Coolant and oil temps are 190* - 205* through this timeframe. Fluid color, smell, and level are all good. The trans has been replace shortly prior to me buying it. Absolutely ZERO history or knowledge of what is in it, who built it, etc. All I know is that the trans case is painted a shiny silver! And the carfax does not show any transmission replacements.

In all my searching, I cannot find anyone with a 6R140 complaining about temps TOO LOW! My 2014 never ran this low.

What could be causing these low of temps? I've considered the trans temp sensor, but not sure where it's even at. And honestly would have thought it'd throw a code for being too low. Any thoughts???

Last edited:

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
So I've put a couple thousand miles on my 2015 F350 since buying it. Shifts good, runs good, no codes, etc. Still has the oil leaks and water pump leak that I need to fix. I've noticed, though, that the trans temp (gauge and information display) reads incredibly low! Barely breaks 110* and never seen it above 150* towing. This is in ambient temps of 45* avg, 60-70 mph, for approx. 30-45 minutes. Coolant and oil temps are 190* - 205* through this timeframe. Fluid color, smell, and level are all good. The trans has been replace shortly prior to me buying it. Absolutely ZERO history or knowledge of what is in it, who built it, etc. All I know is that the trans case is painted a shiny silver! And the carfax does not show any transmission replacements.

In all my searching, I cannot find anyone with a 6R140 complaining about temps TOO LOW! My 2014 never ran this low.

What could be causing these low of temps? I've considered the trans temp sensor, but not sure where it's even at. And honestly would have thought it'd throw a code for being too low. Any thoughts???

What are fuel temps and cac temp running? Can’t remember if ez has a pid for secondary coolant temp or not either. May have stuck open thermostats in the secondary. Other thought is if someone put an additional cooler in it. I’ve seen a couple on trucks, I think strictly may have made them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strokersace

Reaction score
What are fuel temps and cac temp running? Can’t remember if ez has a pid for secondary coolant temp or not either. May have stuck open thermostats in the secondary. Other thought is if someone put an additional cooler in it. I’ve seen a couple on trucks, I think strictly may have made them.

Don’t have EZ hooked up yet. So no way to monitor egts or fuel temps. I’ll poke around for an additional cooler but didn’t see anything out of the ordinary when I had the grille off a while back.

I have new t-stats for the primary and secondary. Along with a plethora of other coolant related parts, just haven’t had time to tear into it to do that maintenance yet.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Don’t have EZ hooked up yet. So no way to monitor egts or fuel temps. I’ll poke around for an additional cooler but didn’t see anything out of the ordinary when I had the grille off a while back.

I have new t-stats for the primary and secondary. Along with a plethora of other coolant related parts, just haven’t had time to tear into it to do that maintenance yet.

Ok, it’s been awhile since I’ve seen one, and Jomax had one on his 17 that I think was kind of hidden, it was behind the condenser, in front of the secondary radiator. Also, the fan clutch ain’t stuck on or anything like that is it?

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
More than likely it's either a Revmax Transmission or it has their Valve Body in it. I've sold a bunch of their valve bodies and have heard the same reports to no ill effects so shouldn't be a concern!

Latest posts

Members online