upfitter ?

bboteler

Reaction score
I have a 2005 XLT FX4 with factory door code entry and i've upgraded to lariat gauges and buttons (they work flawlessly) I want to add upfitters and have a line on the switches but they do not include the harness. I have the factory brake controller...what else do I need and can I buy just the harness if thats all I need?

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Likely need relay center too. There is a link to it on the Ford body builders advisory service website. Sorry I can't help you with a link at the moment but I can when I get home.

rray37375

Reaction score
I installed upfitter switches on my 2005. The wiring through the firewall is already there. You will need the switches, harness, and relay panel, and as the hillbilly said, the Ford body builders site has the instructions. There is also a link to the part numbers in the 6.0 Bible. Since you have the factory brake controller, you do not need the filler tray. It takes about an hour and a half to install. PM me for a link to an illustrated link on the install process.

bboteler

Reaction score
yeah i've seen some as a package but found one or two available that are only the switches and the pig tail, no harness...so figured I'd see how hard the rest of the parts are to get.

Mdub707

Reaction score
All you need is the switches, and the harness, it's like $100. The wiring "through" the firewall isn't actually hooked to the upfitters, but it's there if you want to. They're just loose wires run through so if you choose to have power under the hood that is hooked to an upfitter, just connect it up. Technically can be used for anything though.

Here's the P/N's you need:

5C3Z-13D730-AAA
5C3Z-14A303-AA

Here's a good write up, and it also tells how to hook up the high idle.
http://www.thedieselgarage.com/projects/upfitter/upfitter.htm

Latest posts

Members online