Urbana il help!

psduser1

Reaction score
So I talked to Aaron today, the clutch appears fine, no damage, all is good.
The trans, not so much. Low range, 6th gear, he could move it around the yard, but nothing in any other gear.
Adam at Midwest has one coming, so depending on Aaron's schedule, I'll fly back to get my other house.
Anybody have any ideas on making my third zf hold together, lol?
The first one made 180k, the second made 80k, with a 6.0 tranny cooler in front of it. In fact, I could put my hand on the trans immediately after it failed, so I'm ruling out a heat issue. I had been on the road for five hours when this happened, so everything was stabilized, heatwise.

TyCorr

Reaction score
So I talked to Aaron today, the clutch appears fine, no damage, all is good.
The trans, not so much. Low range, 6th gear, he could move it around the yard, but nothing in any other gear.
Adam at Midwest has one coming, so depending on Aaron's schedule, I'll fly back to get my other house.
Anybody have any ideas on making my third zf hold together, lol?
The first one made 180k, the second made 80k, with a 6.0 tranny cooler in front of it. In fact, I could put my hand on the trans immediately after it failed, so I'm ruling out a heat issue. I had been on the road for five hours when this happened, so everything was stabilized, heatwise.

Zf die like this usually as I understand

psduser1

Reaction score
Good luck Joe...... Shoulda got a 4R.... Traded mine at 270ktrouble free

I'm actually waiting for Pwm- Andrew to mail me my pcs, and I've got a guy lined up near my house to build one. Just haven't had time to shut the truck off long enough to get that project done.

psduser1

Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to eat a small piece of crow...
Aaron pulled the pto cover on the trans, and it had very little fluid. Hard to believe it burnt itself up.
I talked to the shop that r&r'd the trans to do the clutch-buddy deal-and they never did check fluid level.
On the other hand, neither did I. Having said that, I've never seen any puddles indicating a leak, so:(.
Answered the early failure question, anyway.
Anywhooo, the clutch didn't seem to suffer any damage, and Aaron is getting it put together. Life goes on.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Aaron pulled the pto cover on the trans, and it had very little fluid. Hard to believe it burnt itself up.
I talked to the shop that r&r'd the trans to do the clutch-buddy deal-and they never did check fluid level.
On the other hand, neither did I. Having said that, I've never seen any puddles indicating a leak, so:(.
Anywhooo, the clutch didn't seem to suffer any damage, and Aaron is getting it put together. Life goes on.

oh dam man!

wtf is a clutch buddy deal?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

jimdawg185

Reaction score

You think there's a way to put one on my 3D sight glasses on that trans?

TyCorr

Reaction score

Where theres a will?

Jimdawg, i have a good tester for your oil. If you have an oil to run in it.

ja_cain

Reaction score

If the normal fluid level is up around the pto cover, then you could do it there I think.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jimdawg185

Reaction score
If the normal fluid level is up around the pto cover, then you could do it there I think.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm going to send him one to try out

psduser1

Reaction score
oh dam man!

wtf is a clutch buddy deal?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Can't teach a lineman to read English, lol. Those funny little - -do have a meaning. Guess I should have used parentheses instead.

Dik :)

Latest posts

Members online