Valve spring compressor

Homesteader

Reaction score
I will be doing my valve springs soon,so Im looking for who makes the best compressor tool .

Homesteader

Reaction score
Ok guys sorry no AutoZone or Ford here just Napa. But if I have to order I will. Anyone have a pic. Is there different styles?

co04cobra

Reaction score
No ? if you can get the Rotunda (Ford) one that is the way to go. I can get the part # off mine if it would help.

Arisley

Reaction score
There was a thread over on the Nation about one a guy made. You could change the springs without having to jack the motor up. It was pretty slick. It was similar to the rotunda tool. I think he was going to make and sell them.

I have the same one that Ron posted in that thread, while it works and will get the job done, you do have to rock the motor over.

V-Ref

Reaction score
303483.gif

Rotunda PN 303-483
Ford PN T94T-6513-AH

This is the one I've used, haven't used any of the others to compare. It came in the Rotunda 7.3 special tools kit. Worked like a champ compressing the factory springs. Needed to use a longer bolt to compress the WOP/Crower springs, as they're a bit taller than the factory ones.

Homesteader

Reaction score
303483.gif

Rotunda PN 303-483
Ford PN T94T-6513-AH

This is the one I've used, haven't used any of the others to compare. It came in the Rotunda 7.3 special tools kit. Worked like a champ compressing the factory springs. Needed to use a longer bolt to compress the WOP/Crower springs, as they're a bit taller than the factory ones.

I was thinking of making a tool similar to that. Also I think those are the same springs I'm going with (WOP). V-ref how did that tool cost you?

Homesteader

Reaction score
Is that kit worth it with those tools missing? Im thinking of building a tool.... Hopefully

Latest posts

Members online