Valve train noise

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
I recently put some comp 910s in with .30 shims and noticed a little increase in valve train noise when I let off the pedal with the torque converter still locked, basically when it's engine braking. At idle and anything else I can't tell a difference. Have over 1000 miles since install. Normal or should I look into it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

TARM

Reaction score
I recently put some comp 910s in with .30 shims (You mean 0.030 I hope ;) ) and noticed a little increase in valve train noise when I let off the pedal with the torque converter still locked, basically when it's engine braking. At idle and anything else I can't tell a difference. Have over 1000 miles since install. Normal or should I look into it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I have yet to see a stock engine with 100K on it that would not easily clear 0.030 shims and 910s with no worries of binding. I doubt its that. Maybe you did not get an retainer on properly etc. I would pull the VC and see what you find giving it all a once over and maybe a few Revs if needed to locate the sound if its from only one side.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.