Valvespring recommendations ?

JD3020

Reaction score
Shimmed 910's here, so far so good. I paid $140ish for a micrometer, springs, and complete shim kit.

But whenever i do headstuds i may yank them out and try to find a set of bee-hives.

Turbo Man

Reaction score
Shimmed 910's do sound like the way to go from what I have read. It looks like the spring compressor tool and micrometer will cost me more than the springs and shims. I have 230k on my truck, would it be a good idea to replace the valve seals at the same time?

Last edited:

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Shimmed 910's do sound like the way to go from what I have read. It looks like the spring compressor tool and micrometer will cost me more than the springs and shims. I have 230k on my truck, would it be a good idea to replace the valve seals at the same time?

Yes. Cheap to do so why not.

MossBack

Reaction score
Yes do seals because the shim goes under it... I bought a $10 harbor freight valve spring compressor welded a nut to the top. And it did the job and only popped off once and I lost keepers...might as well consider pushrods too.... For another $225 you can have swamps rods in there and you have to remove the rocker anyways...

Turbo Man

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I have been reading some installation write ups. Why is it that some instructions tell you to remove the injectors and some don't? I really don't want to remove my injectors if I don't have to. If I remove the injectors I will need new o rings and copper washers. That's money and time that can be put into something else.

MossBack

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I have been reading some installation write ups. Why is it that some instructions tell you to remove the injectors and some don't? I really don't want to remove my injectors if I don't have to. If I remove the injectors I will need new o rings and copper washers. That's money and time that can be put into something else.

For more room to get the valve spring compressor on the spring. For me I sent out my injectors to be built into 180/100 so I had about a week to do mine.

Latest posts

Members online