Vehicle speed sensor

6speedsd

Reaction score
Is there a way to test if one is working as it should? The one in the rear end. Not ABS. Wondering if it is acting up and causing my trans issues. Don't want to just replace it if there is a way to test first.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
With an oscilloscope you can look at the output of the sensor. It is a square wave with 8000 pulses per mile. Or you can use a scan tool and read the sensor output from the PCM.

6speedsd

Reaction score
The ones I found around here were listed for like $75. Wasn't at the dealer though. Advanced Auto I think. The ABS sensors were that cheap though.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Mark,

I have AE, but I think you've told me once before that you weren't familiar with it. There is a way to read vehicle speed, but I think it only reads in mph. Ill have to double check that to verify though. Is there something in particular, I should look for to read? Mainly what would that parameter be called. I'm still learning what all those parameters mean!

UtahFord

Reaction score
The ones I found around here were listed for like $75. Wasn't at the dealer though. Advanced Auto I think. The ABS sensors were that cheap though.

I'm using tapatalk so I can't see sigs but I literally bought one a few months ago from autozone for 15 for my 2000 f350

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online