Wanting some input on Gearhead tunes

HuckA1A

Reaction score
I'm wanting to try some new tunes for my truck and I want to hear everyone's experiences with Matt's tunes. I would especially like to hear about drivabilty, shifting, and towing.
Thanks

02BigD

Reaction score
Wow, 1 year for your first post.

Can't go wrong with Matt's tunes. Great smoke control, shifting, and still puts down the power.

farm boy

Reaction score
Matt is a super nice guy.

I've been running his tunes for 4 or so years without an issue. Never ran any of the other tuners tunes, and I don't really care to try...

Free re burns makes it very nice when constantly upgrading your truck.

I usually just drive to his house to get mine re burnt though... :D

David N

Reaction score
I lub mine. He is easy to get in touch in with, explains everything you ask.

The tunes drive just like a stock truck up until 3/4 throttle, then the turbo spins, witchcraft happens and you vroooom away!

Rupp250

Reaction score
Very happy with my setup, customer service was good as well. I pull a toyhauler and the shifting seems to work well. Can't go wrong with Matt.

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
How is he to work with as far as fixing issues and customer service?

Matt is about as good as they get when it comes to customer service & making sure your satisfied. All his tunes sound like stock, if your at half throttle your at half throttle. If you want WOT you'll have to make sure you don't have a thick floor mat under the pedal or you won't get 100% throttle. He tunes for driveabily in all tunes, in other words you can leave it in a hot tune most the time & never know it till you drop the hammer. Smoke is minimal as well.

HuckA1A

Reaction score
Matt is about as good as they get when it comes to customer service & making sure your satisfied. All his tunes sound like stock, if your at half throttle your at half throttle. If you want WOT you'll have to make sure you don't have a thick floor mat under the pedal or you won't get 100% throttle. He tunes for driveabily in all tunes, in other words you can leave it in a hot tune most the time & never know it till you drop the hammer. Smoke is minimal as well.
Thats good to know, so in other words there is no need for a stock tune for driving in inclimate weather. Right?

Cat nailed it.

My only gripe is he doesnt email tunes. Gets expensive if you make tweaks often. (Im anal)
About how long is his turn around? I know that he must be busy.

bad12jr

Reaction score
As of last week two business days. Going to send one in first of the week.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
Thats good to know, so in other words there is no need for a stock tune for driving in inclimate weather. Right?

I've never felt the need for a stock tune with Matt's stuff. I'll drive on wet days & even in the winter on snow in a mild/hot tune without being scared of the truck. He leaves the throttle pedal alone to do what the factory intended it to do, be variable, not "on or off".

About how long is his turn around? I know that he must be busy.

Usually Matt is rather quick, not saying that things don't come up time to time but he likes to get things in & out in a timely fashion.

Latest posts

Members online