Wastegated OBS

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
I'm lookin at waste gating my OBS and I know the room is less so I was debating on putting them by the manifolds. Has anyone done this? How is tuning them if they are down there? I'm makin all custom up pipes so it's no issue mounting them where I want them. Should I put one up by the turbo or what? I want some friendly advice and suggestions. Thanks!

Sent from my Pear phone 5 using Tapatalk

obspsd

Reaction score
Two Gates By The Manifolds Is Said To Flow Better Than One Gate Up Top But I Have No Evidence To Back This Up. I Would Do 2 By The Manifolds Simply For Space

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
Do you have any on yours? I was planning that anyways just since I'll be running work stock and gotta try to hide it a little haha does anyone have pics of them there?

JD3020

Reaction score
Just food for thought, but i've got a thread on here about putting a gate in the turbine housing on my D66 at some point. Prolly be a couple months till i get around to doing it though.

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
I'm gonna try for closer to 600 on fuel and then throw the bottle on it. I am hopin to turn about 4500 rpm to boot. See how long that lasts lol

obspsd

Reaction score
You Won't Come Close To 600 With A Stock turbo, No Matter What Kit You Put On It. If Your Dead Set On Pulling Work Stock Your Gonna Be Confined To 450-500Hp(Maybe A Hair More). If This Is Gonna Be More Of A Fun Street Truck I Would Save Your Money On The Gates And Get A Good, Properly Sized Charger

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
I figured 600 is outta the question but it's a fun street truck but I need it to run work stock. Our rules suck for anything other than that. Plus I like pushing limits haha I know 500 has been done on fuel and 600 on n2o by beans I believe

Reaction score
I made close to 600 maybe a little more with my 38r for about 10k miles before i went bigger. Before people start calling me a liar i ran [email protected] and multiple 7.9s @7800lbs yall do the hp calculator never dynoed my truck. That being said if beans brute 66 is what they say compared to the 38r(never ran one) you shouldnt have a problem being near 600 on fuel with proper supporting mods

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Two Gates By The Manifolds Is Said To Flow Better Than One Gate Up Top But I Have No Evidence To Back This Up. I Would Do 2 By The Manifolds Simply For Space

well i would certainly hope so. lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.