water in fuel alarm

gambling209

Reaction score
I got the wif light on a trip i just took. new tank full of fuel for trip. I drained the filter housing but didn't catch it to look at it. about 5 min later i got it again. drained and caught it. no water visible. it continued to come on for the trip. never found any water. drained often. could it be water i can't see? got fuel from where i always get it. what to do now? figured i would get new tank of fuel with a heavy dose of additive and see what happens. may get new sensor if prob continues.

TD-5

Reaction score
Check out Sunrise Ford below in the vendor section; Part # ends with -9C264

Attachments

• 6.4 LP fuel pump.jpg
    6.4 LP fuel pump.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 47

herkyfe

Reaction score
yeah i believe the sensor can get gummed up and give a false alarm
My 2019 F250 WIF sensor is disconnected and I get the light every time after start up at about 10 minutes running time. Like I said, my system is disconnected! Get the same if connected, so wonder is it the module? My Ford dealer is of no help, trying to troubleshoot on my own as they want me to book it in for hours on end and they have absolutely no idea what could be wrong since the sensor is eliminated right now.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
My 2019 F250 WIF sensor is disconnected and I get the light every time after start up at about 10 minutes running time. Like I said, my system is disconnected! Get the same if connected, so wonder is it the module? My Ford dealer is of no help, trying to troubleshoot on my own as they want me to book it in for hours on end and they have absolutely no idea what could be wrong since the sensor is eliminated right now.

So, 10yr old thread, may not get a lot of answers. However, you may have a short in the circuit causing the light to come on. Thats basically all the sensor is, is a short to itself to turn the light on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToMang07

Reaction score
As already stated.... 10 year old thread.

But...sounds like what is wrong is the system is disconnected/eliminated, lmfao, of course you'll get the light if the sensor is disconnected/removed.

Latest posts

Members online